No announcement yet.

“Last Friday” Starring Ice Cube, Chris Tucker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    Why Chris tucker name so big compared to ice cube and Kevin hart?
    Back in 2005-2007 Chris Tucker was one of the highest paid actor he was able to demand a big ass percentage of the 3rd rush hour film and gets residuals, so he was pretty much set for life I think he got 20 percent of the films gross and was paid over 20 million.

He just stopped acting though after that, he didn't do any movies again until 2012. He was the biggest star at the time or was about to be, he was on the cusp. smh he got lazy and comfortable with all those millions he got for rush hour he didnt bother working anymore, but now he has to work again because I think he lost a lot of money.

Chris Tucker was fun to watch, but when you go on a break in Hollywood another guy will fill your void and thats when Kevin Hart came in, Kevin Hart is the hardest working man in Hollywood, this dude will say yes to pretty much any role, and he probably got the roles Chris Tucker refused to do.

Comment

Chris Tucker isn't interested in playing Smokey again unless he "evolves" (i.e. it becomes a more mature serious character that no one wants to see) and is forever holding out for Rush Hour IV money.

It isn't happening.

A new fake poster like this makes the rounds on Facebook every year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        He just stopped acting though after that, he didn't do any movies again until 2012. He was the biggest star at the time or was about to be, he was on the cusp. smh he got lazy and comfortable with all those millions he got for rush hour
        He's actually been very saavy and kept his value high by not appearing in a lot of films, which strengthened his bargaining position for RH3. If he appears in a bunch of movies that don't do that well, he's not going to be able to demand as much as he did. It's a weird way to play ball but its worked for him.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Chris Tucker isn't interested in playing Smokey again unless he "evolves" (i.e. it becomes a more mature serious character that no one wants to see) and is forever holding out for Rush Hour IV money.

It isn't happening.

I did see a ice cube interview where he said he is making another friday though.

Comment

Smokey's back!!!

Edit: and I didnt read the thread

Comment

friday was the only good one out of this whole series, friday after next was the worst of all.. hopefully this final one will be on the same level as the first.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

It isn't happening.

chris is just be sour about this. he says he doesnt wanna play smokey because of his religion and he doesnt want to protray himself as a pot head but he's making rush hour movies shooting mofos, etc.
                Last edited by WesternChamp; 08-23-2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
                  This is exactly why the movie won't be good if they do make it.

They had no problems portraying Mexicans as a bunch of cholo thugs in Next Friday though.
                  Chris Tucker had no control over that. He wasn't the director or wrote the script.

Comment

Fuk you for getting my hopes up. Thought the poster looked phony

Comment

Did Tucker get broke enough to lower his standards to play a weed smoker again? That seemed to be at least part of the problem from my understanding. At this point I can't believe it'll live up to the hype so I don't care if it happens or not cuz it won't be what I wanna see. It'll be Smokey getting outta rehab for weed (lol) & being a "changed man" or something f#cking stupid like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X