Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody justify a 300k payday for Stevens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He ran his mouth before and after the fight and scored a massive KO at a time when no one really thinks anyone can beat Golovkin at 160.

So pretty much right place at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyWhitey View Post
      and stop saying stevens makes 20k on nbc, hes making around 50-70k
      Show me where he makes that much and I'll shut up about it.

Comment

Judah made 60k for paris

Comment

Originally posted by MightyWhitey View Post
          Judah made 60k for paris
          Alright, let me try my math skills here real quick.

Let's see... main events won the purse bid with 70,112k
          http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/1/10...ing-nbc-sports

Hmmmm:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...uper-six-slump

Main Events, which promotes Zab Judah, won a purse bid this week to promote a junior welterweight title eliminator between former titleholder Judah and Vernon Paris. The winner would become the mandatory challenger for one of the belts held by Lamont Peterson.

Main Events' winning bid was $70,110, which topped the only other bid, which was a $51,000 offer made by Don King, who promotes Paris.

As the higher-rated fighter in the IBF's rankings, Judah is entitled to 60 percent of the winning bid ($42,066), while Paris is entitled to 40 percent ($28,044).

Main Events promoter Kathy Duva told ESPN.com that she intends to make the bout the main event of her NBC Sports Net card on March 24.

"I really like the story of the young, undefeated fighter [Paris] facing the charismatic veteran in what is truly a crossroads fight for NBCSN," Duva said.

The 34-year-old Judah (41-7, 28 KOs), a former undisputed welterweight champion from New York, is also a former three-time junior welterweight titleholder. He lost his belt in July, getting knocked out in July by a body shot from Amir Khan in their unification bout. Khan then lost the belts to Peterson in December on a controversial decision.

Paris (26-0, 15 KOs), 24, of Detroit, scored the biggest win of his career in August when he knocked out Tim Coleman in the seventh round on "Friday Night Fights" in an exciting fight.
          42k for judah and a 60/40 split overall.
          Now, where's the proof Stevens gets paid 50-70k a fight?

Comment

I'm actually interested in the kind of money they make on NBC. So far, I only know Judah/Paris and Rosado/Whittaker... both purse bids

Comment

It may be his last meaningful fight, Darren Barker who's an actual titleholder at middleweight wouldn't fight him for 300k. Curtis Stevens has a name to add to GGG's resume (kinda)

Stevens > Ishida, Proska, Mora am i the only one that thinks that?

Comment

someone on here told me the purse bid was 80k

Comment

Just heard Steve Kim on the maxboxing podcast say that that Stevens is going to get closer to 400k. Goddammit.

Comment

honestly dude who gives a ****. one thing I always hated about boxing fans/media is they find a problem with everything.

the man is trying to make a living, their gonna fight and thats all that matters.

Comment

Because Stevens knows how to hustle.

Comment

Working...
                      X