Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

23 years ago today...it happened....where were you???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was 3. I don't know what I was doing

Comment

I wasn't even made yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        Watching it/recording it. Funny but even though all the signs were there, most of us never expected it.
        That is so true. I was about 18 at the time and didn't see it coming. I guess you have to live a while and experience things like this just to recognize them. Tyson was more than just my favorite fighter at the time, he was like an idol to me. I'm just thankful I was around to see this guy when he was at his best and not too young at that time.

Comment

It was the night I was born actually.

My Dad being a huge Tyson fan said he cried twice that day. Supposedly I was born, he went to watch Tyson on my mom's ok, then came back to the Hospital lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            It was the night I was born actually.

My Dad being a huge Tyson fan said he cried twice that day. Supposedly I was born, he went to watch Tyson on my mom's ok, then came back to the Hospital lol.
            !

we need an american HW with that type of following again. i don't think i'd be able to contain myself

#schoolgirl.

Comment

The aura around Tyson was incredible. Even for years afterwards, arguably even still, his name carries a weight that you don't get with other sportsmen.

Comment

I was never big on Tyson and always thought he was overrated. Extremely powerful fighter, but when faced with a tall, long boxer who could use the jab and uppercuts when he rushes in, he could lose.

I never expected him to lose against Douglas but I knew he would lose sooner or later.

I also bet on Holyfield vs Tyson and won $200.

Comment

I see a lot of people saying they were 3 years old. I guess we have a lot of 26 year olds around here

Comment

I was 3, and although I obviously don't remember it, it was the first fight I'd been around. My old man said I was crying because how loud and crazy people were getting at the house when the KO happened.

Comment

I wasn't even born yet. Nice KO though.

Comment

Working...
                      X