Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Floyd) Me fighting Robert Guerrero is just a rumor.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no one has mentioned it but what about ggg

Comment

If Floyd is only fighting once this year as i suspect he's fighting Canelo; but if he's fighting twice it's Guererro

Comment

So is it safe to say that Robert Guerrero is the Paul Spadafora of May 4th?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Then who is first?

I think it's clear Canelo is the opponent for September.
          I think Canelo was first and that didn't work out - heard there were some money issues that pushed it to September. Don't know how true that is.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyDempsey View Post
            Paul Spadafora, Matthew Hatton, Paulie Malignaggi. This type of **** every time Floyd announces his next fight.

The way it works is GBP and Ellerbe put together several options to present to Floyd and he considers the quality of opponent, PPV projections, etc. So what GBP, Ellerbe, Haymon, etc. put together isn't necessarily what is on Floyd's mind.

Keep in mind this is the first time Floyd even mentioned Robert Guerrero. A year ago he brushed him off and said "The Ghost? Absolutely not. I will never give that to the fans. I don't even know who he is but I wish him the best."

I think its very possible that he just received the proposal today and is unsure about the choice of Guerrero.

Comment

It's Guerrero easy money!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Paul Spadafora, Matthew Hatton, Paulie Malignaggi. This type of **** every time Floyd announces his next fight.

The way it works is GBP and Ellerbe put together several options to present to Floyd and he considers the quality of opponent, PPV projections, etc. So what GBP, Ellerbe, Haymon, etc. put together isn't necessarily what is on Floyd's mind.

Keep in mind this is the first time Floyd even mentioned Robert Guerrero. A year ago he brushed him off and said "The Ghost? Absolutely not. I will never give that to the fans. I don't even know who he is but I wish him the best."

I think its very possible that he just received the proposal today and is unsure about the choice of Guerrero.
                Difference between Guerrero and those guys is that if it isn't Guerrero or Alvarez, then who? Bradley's Top Rank, the other Golden Boy options are tied up, so who else would he fight? Its Guerrero or Alvarez, unless Mayweather completely shocks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by SonnyDempsey

But I thought Floyd was his own boss and GBP doesn't own him?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    I think Canelo was first and that didn't work out - heard there were some money issues that pushed it to September. Don't know how true that is.
                    I don't believe that.

Unless he's only planning on fighting once this year.

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
                      no one has mentioned it but what about ggg
                      yeah... imagine that. Floyd fighting a real threat like GGG :AOR:

Comment

Working...
                      X