Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ricky Hatton's win over Kostya Tszyu tainted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
    Ricky sure did take a hell of a punch back then.

Comment

Tszyu didn't have to quit.

Comment

Wlad is far worse when it comes to holding than Hatton was, Hatton actually threw punches not just clinch everytime his opponent was close.

Comment

If Hatton's win is tainted Andre Ward's entire career is tainted along with a number of other boxing champions.

You would think that boxing fans would understand inside fighting is part of the sport...apparently not.

Tszyu wanted to fight Gatti, but he ended up fighting a prime 140 Hatton who was too much for him.

Comment

Inside fighting is part of the game. Far too many refs are too quick to step in instead of letting fighters work it out, in my opinion. The ref was the same for both fighters. I didn't hear too many complaints from Tszyu. He got overwhelmed, simple as that. Not too many would have lived with Hatton that night, he was a man possessed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              If Hatton's win is tainted Andre Ward's entire career is tainted along with a number of other boxing champions.

You would think that boxing fans would understand inside fighting is part of the sport...apparently not.

Tszyu wanted to fight Gatti, but he ended up fighting a prime 140 Hatton who was too much for him.
              Not true. Tszyu wanted Mayweather, but Floyd signed for Gatti. And the rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusTI View Post
                Even with this farce of a "boxing" fight, I still had Kostya ahead before the 12th.

People only remember the shock that Kostya got stopped, they forget how competitive the fight was. Kostya was well past it and still gave hatton a good fight and Hatton was allowed exactly the fight he wanted from the ref.

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
                Funny how Hatton fans never mention this, yet they are still so butthurt about the Floyd fight and accuse the ref of foul play. Wankers.

Yeah a bit ironic to see Hatton complaining about Floyd holding too much and floyd using elbows. I think the ref broke them up too much but floyd was schooling hatton on the inside at his own game. Hatton only likes holding when hes the one doing it, when its turned around and someone else is holding your arm and hitting you then its not so fun anymore. Hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post

look at the size difference between them and kostya was a career jr welter. Hatton weight wise was a huge jr welter despite being short. he sucked balls at welter because he needs that size advantage. All of the less talented fighters like chavez jr, margarito and pavlik depend on it.

This is Hattons best win his whole career and what did he show, he showed a great chin and that he can beat a smaller old fighter who used to be A level.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    People only remember the shock that Kostya got stopped, they forget how competitive the fight was. Kostya was well past it and still gave hatton a good fight and Hatton was allowed exactly the fight he wanted from the ref.

Yeah a bit ironic to see Hatton complaining about Floyd holding too much and floyd using elbows. I think the ref broke them up too much but floyd was schooling hatton on the inside at his own game. Hatton only likes holding when hes the one doing it, when its turned around and someone else is holding your arm and hitting you then its not so fun anymore. Hypocrite.
                    Hatton was complaining because the ref was jumping in and then blaming him for holding. Hatton was fighting out of the holds but the ref would jump inbetween instead of letting them fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      Hatton was complaining because the ref was jumping in and then blaming him for holding. Hatton was fighting out of the holds but the ref would jump inbetween instead of letting them fight.

The ref sucked balls in that fight. The first few rounds arent even watchable. I skip them whenever I rewatch the fight. He gets a little better over time but he is still bad.

The ref seemed to want to help floyd but floyd was doing fine on the inside and he should leave it alone and hes supposed to be impartial anyways.

Comment

Working...
                      X