Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner vs Jose Benavidez Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benavidez is nowhere close to being ready. Broner is somewhat inexperienced as well, but he's faced the much better competition. Benavidez was pushed to his limits by a guy with 6 pro fights, a practical tomato can. This fight is an utter mismatch right now.

I'm sorry, Benavidez is solid, and could improve, but I think too many people have fallen in love with his sparring videos. Ever since people saw him land some punches on Pacquiao in a sparring session everyone went bat s.hit crazy over the kid.

Broner would dispatch of Benavidez inside 6 rounds, he is nowhere near close to being ready for someone of that level. I'm just not very impressed with him, because he's literally fought bum after bum. Broner, has at least been in with top 15-20 competition, and is ready to fight a very solid fighter in Escobedo tomorrow.

Benavidez is decent, but I see numerous holes in his game that haven't been taken advantage of yet because of the very low level of competition he's faced. And, against Rodriguez he looked very vulnerable and almost lost that fight. If he would of been in there with say, a gatekeeper or at least a decent journeyman, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for looking that bad, but he wasn't. We'll see how good Benavidez is eventually, but to me, this fight is beyond a mismatch. Period.

Comment

Jose hasn't come close to the world class level yet and Broner has legit titles. Broner all day

Not to mention Benavidez is only doing 6 rounds at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        Benavidez is nowhere close to being ready. Broner is somewhat inexperienced as well, but he's faced the much better competition. Benavidez was pushed to his limits by a guy with 6 pro fights, a practical tomato can. This fight is an utter mismatch right now.

I'm sorry, Benavidez is solid, and could improve, but I think too many people have fallen in love with his sparring videos. Ever since people saw him land some punches on Pacquiao in a sparring session everyone went bat s.hit crazy over the kid.

Broner would dispatch of Benavidez inside 6 rounds, he is nowhere near close to being ready for someone of that level. I'm just not very impressed with him, because he's literally fought bum after bum. Broner, has at least been in with top 15-20 competition, and is ready to fight a very solid fighter in Escobedo tomorrow.

Benavidez is decent, but I see numerous holes in his game that haven't been taken advantage of yet because of the very low level of competition he's faced. And, against Rodriguez he looked very vulnerable and almost lost that fight. If he would of been in there with say, a gatekeeper or at least a decent journeyman, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for looking that bad, but he wasn't. We'll see how good Benavidez is eventually, but to me, this fight is beyond a mismatch. Period.
        thats the fight i was referring to when i said he had his blunders. a very hard fight for jose, one he could have lost even tho i thought he pulled it out. thats my point tho. benavidez has been fighting 6 rounders. to say hed beat a world class fighter, especially one as gifted as broner is a bit much for rite now. broner hasnt done a lot yet, but hes done much more than benavidez in the ring. there is time so this isnt at all a knock on benavidez. hes just ,uch too green.

Comment

Don't think Benavidez has enough experience yet.

He's def the more talented fighter, though.

Could definitely see him beating Broner's ass sometime in the future.

Comment

Benavidez has a lot of potential but the kid hasn't proven jack, he might be a great fighter in the future but they are moving him along real slow.

I think the money and fame have gotten to him a bit, I saw an interview with his dad and he was saying he now has a bunch of friends when before it was all boxing.

I think he's getting distracted and from what I understand he's into racing and cars, hopefully he gets his priorities in order and doesn't end up being another Bojado.

Comment

IMO they are moving Benavidez TOO slow. I understand that you have to groom a prospect but FFS the guys is 20 years old and is still doing 6 rounders

Comment

This is rushing Benavidez a bit. I would like him to get a bit more seasoning first before we fantasy match him against Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bababoey970 View Post
                  This would be a great fight maybe at 140. I think Jose can outbox Broner if he uses if reach and height. Broner would have to get on the inside and out muscle Benavidez. Idk what do you guys think.
                  Jose by ko in 6, he punked Pacquaio in 2010 when Pac was at his best

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
                    Jose hasn't come close to the world class level yet and Broner has legit titles. Broner all day

Not to mention Benavidez is only doing 6 rounds at the moment
                    Broner's best fighter he's fought was an over the hill Ponce Deleon and we all know he lost. He's a hype job at most

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      Broner's best fighter he's fought was an over the hill Ponce Deleon and we all know he lost. He's a hype job at most
                      name me Benavidez's best win. I'll be waiting for this

Comment

Working...
                      X