Collapse
No announcement yet.

GSP owning matt hughes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check all the GSP haters in this thread, lol.

You guys don't even know the whole story. Hughes insulted GSP by saying the same thing. GSP like the man that he is, responded. Hughes was GSP's hero so he wouldn't say something like that to him or anyone unless he was attacked first. Get your facts straight before you spit out an opinion.

Comment

The not impressed song!!

Comment

Thats was up aahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by The HayeMaker View Post
          i wonder if he was impressed when hughes almost snapped his arm off though?

i guess gsp wasnt mentally prepared.
          Probably wasn't but I bet he was impressed when he almost took Hughes head off with his leg. He was probably even more impressed when he had Hughes screaming to stop the fight when he put that armbar on him in the 3rd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post

You guys don't even know the whole story. Hughes insulted GSP by saying the same thing. GSP like the man that he is, responded. Hughes was GSP's hero so he wouldn't say something like that to him or anyone unless he was attacked first. Get your facts straight before you spit out an opinion.
            LOL, talk about getting your facts straight.

GSP admitted that the only reason he got in the cage and did that was because the UFC pressured him to do it to hype their fight. GSP didn't do that as a response to Matt, it was staged.

What you are talking about is some comment Hughes made in an interview that was blown out of proportion by haters and nuthuggers. Hughes didn't jump in the cage and disrespect or insult Georges right after one of his fights, so GSP shouldn't have done it to him, but I don't hate on GSP for it. It it is what it is, just pre-fight s**t talk.

Why is this being brought up now? That beef has been long since dead and buried even before their 3rd fight.
            Last edited by HighUnderground; 02-01-2010, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mic573 View Post
              Probably wasn't but I bet he was impressed when he almost took Hughes head off with his leg. He was probably even more impressed when he had Hughes screaming to stop the fight when he put that armbar on him in the 3rd fight.
              not too impressive seeing how one dimensional hughes is compared to gsp

Comment

Originally posted by HighUnderground View Post
                LOL, talk about getting your facts straight.

GSP admitted that the only reason he got in the cage and did that was because the UFC pressured him to do it to hype their fight. GSP didn't do that as a response to Matt, it was staged.

What you are talking about is some comment Hughes made in an interview that was blown out of proportion by haters and nuthuggers. Hughes didn't jump in the cage and disrespect or insult Georges right after one of his fights, so GSP shouldn't have done it to him, but I don't hate on GSP for it. It it is what it is, just pre-fight s**t talk.

Why is this being brought up now? That beef has been long since dead and buried even before their 3rd fight.
                it's not GSP getting in the cage that is being discussed, it's what GSP said. Yes UFC told him to get in the cage, but they didn't tell him what to say. And what Hughes said isn't blown out of proportion. Hughes said that he wasn't impressed with GSP. GSP was geniunley upset at Hughes. His interviews leading up to that fight didn't look contrived at all.

Comment

it's not GSP getting in the cage that is being discussed, it's what GSP said. Yes UFC told him to get in the cage, but they didn't tell him what to say. And what Hughes said isn't blown out of proportion. Hughes said that he wasn't impressed with GSP. GSP was geniunley upset at Hughes. His interviews leading up to that fight didn't look contrived at all.
                  But that is very much a part of it. In fact, that is the only reason we are still talking about this years after it happened.

Yeah, Hughes said he was not impressed by GSP, but it WAS blown out of proportion by a lot of people, mostly clowns who are either haters or nuthuggers. The difference between what Matt said and what GSP said is that Hughes did not get in the cage and do it right after GSP won a fight. GSP didn't need to go there, but it's not like it was that big of a deal in my opinion. It was rude, but still tame. I've been a Hughes fan for a really long time and I didn't really get quite as bent about it as some fans did at the time.

However, don't think that the UFC's role in those types of things is minimal. Many fighters have said that the UFC has pressured them to act angry or mean towards their opponents on camera. GSP has always seemed like a pretty classy guy, as has Hughes IMO, so I really don't think Georges would hop in the cage and act like that to another fighter without some push from the UFC. Also, GSP apologized for doing that later on and said it was wrong, but he did it because the UFC told him too.

It is what it is, old hype, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HighUnderground View Post
                    But that is very much a part of it. In fact, that is the only reason we are still talking about this years after it happened.

Yeah, Hughes said he was not impressed by GSP, but it WAS blown out of proportion by a lot of people, mostly clowns who are either haters or nuthuggers. The difference between what Matt said and what GSP said is that Hughes did not get in the cage and do it right after GSP won a fight. GSP didn't need to go there, but it's not like it was that big of a deal in my opinion. It was rude, but still tame. I've been a Hughes fan for a really long time and I didn't really get quite as bent about it as some fans did at the time.

However, don't think that the UFC's role in those types of things is minimal. Many fighters have said that the UFC has pressured them to act angry or mean towards their opponents on camera. GSP has always seemed like a pretty classy guy, as has Hughes IMO, so I really don't think Georges would hop in the cage and act like that to another fighter without some push from the UFC. Also, GSP apologized for doing that later on and said it was wrong, but he did it because the UFC told him too.

It is what it is, old hype, lol.
                    I agree that the UFC pushes their fighters to exaggerate feuds but it's easy to see what is fake and what is not.

GSP's feud with Hughes and Penn are real just as Rampage's feud with Rashad is real and Lesnar's feud with Mir... but in a lot of cases the feuds are not real like with Dana and Tito(before their actual falling out).

I think GSP saying what he did to Hughes face was justified and I'm glad GSP spanked his ass twice.

Comment

It actually goes even further than that. GSP thought that Hughes was insulting him in the ring, the officials ushered him into the ring and encouraged him to say something.

But it's still pretty meek as far as insults go.

Comment

Working...
                      X