Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is running and potshotting giving the fans their moneys worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by popsikal View Post
    this is boxing, and the greatest way to box is to hit and not get hit. So if this is the way someone does it, then i will be satisfied if the other guy is good enough to compete and create a dynamic

Rocky Marciano didn't think so.

and he was 49-0, which makes him the greatest.

He hit, and got hit, and fans got their monies worth.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kevin- View Post
      Simple as this post.

If you don't think it's worth it to see your favorite fighter get outboxed by Mayweather/Dirrell/Dawson/Foreman/Malignaggi etc, then just don't purchase and don't watch the damn fight.
      Rest assured me as a casual fan is nto and will not buy any more floyd's "the fraud" PPV.

I'm not alone either...promise.

Originally posted by piye View Post
      Funny thing is casual fans seem to be ok with it, hence why the biggest ppv star in the sport is Mayweather! however the hardcore fans who claim to be all about the sweet science; are the ones who constantly complain about his technical style!
      Now what kind of logic is that? You got to be a ***** to have that kind of twisted logic.

Us casual fans usually buys only ppv's that was hyped up like most mayweather fights but after that we felt getting robbed in broad daylight!

We don't complain about any technical style as we casual fans don't know anything about boxing!

Floyd's fight nowadays are a bore to watch. Period.

If you think on May 1 Shane can pull an entertaining fight, i really doubt it i'm thinking it's going to be much much worse than the Pac-Clottey fight. At least there the venue and the crowd was entertainment enough including lampleys hysterical commentating.

With floyd the fraud....zzzzzzzzzz......hu-hum.

Comment

Is wild, looping punches giving the fans their money worth? After all aren't we here to watch professional boxing, not bar room brawling.

Comment

its ok to hit and try not get hit but atleast try to hurt your opponent and not run away from them the whole fight like a sissy....

Comment

this is boxing, and the greatest way to box is to hit and not get hit. So if this is the way someone does it, then i will be satisfied if the other guy is good enough to compete and create a dynamic
            I guess that works if the name is Mayweather. If the surname is Klitschko it's an entirely different matter:

I just remembered that Wlad is mad soft. I lost all respect back at the Corrie Sanders fight. And they boring as hell
            Double standards much?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I guess that works if the name is Mayweather. If the surname is Klitschko it's an entirely different matter:

Double standards much?

I always wonder why Mayweather fans aren't fans of the Klits.

Seeing as how they're fans of the sweet science, they should be big time fans of such dominating performers, especially Vitali.

Comment

floyd mayweather is the only complete fighter of his era-----he makes his fights look easy---you tell me ts, how a guy who is so called potshotting lands more punches on his opponents and throws less than they do?

how come his fights are the highest sellers?
                how come he dominates fighters that other people barely beat?
                why is he the most complex fighter in the history of the sport arguably---and he's still undefeated---still---

Comment

Working...
                X