Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anyone Else Watching That HBO Series 'The Night Of'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why have Chandra kiss Nas? Seems so unnecessary to the plot. This was the weakest episode even if it was pretty good. It's obvious now that even if Nas is innocent, he's going to do something in jail to stay in. Thats the message they are sending, that prison changes good people.

Comment

Hearing good things about this. I'm going to have to check it out.

Comment

If Nas is innocent, being in jail turned him into a criminal. He pretty much assisted Freddy in that murder.

**** his friend who testified against him. If that dude woulda just picked him up for the party, none of this woulda happened.

Comment

I'm gonna go with it being the drug dealer. He caught feelings after they banged one time and so went into her place at a time he knew that her and a guy would be blacked out on drugs because he knew that was her plan for the night.

Omar from The Wire is playing a good character. How many guys does he have in the prison? Kinda feels like if Naz is found not guilty then that's his whole crew gone is a week now the other 2 are dead. Anyone see they were watching Kovalev-Hopkins in the cell a few episodes ago? Watching boxing, smoking crack, it's a bit of a Larryx existence only you know he has Floyd-Baldomir on a loop.

Is this show just for one season? I'm gonna throw something at the TV if the final ep ends on a cliffhanger without revealing who the killer is.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            I'm gonna go with it being the drug dealer. He caught feelings after they banged one time and so went into her place at a time he knew that her and a guy would be blacked out on drugs because he knew that was her plan for the night.

Omar from The Wire is playing a good character. How many guys does he have in the prison? Kinda feels like if Naz is found not guilty then that's his whole crew gone is a week now the other 2 are dead. Anyone see they were watching Kovalev-Hopkins in the cell a few episodes ago? Watching boxing, smoking crack, it's a bit of a Larryx existence only you know he has Floyd-Baldomir on a loop.

Is this show just for one season? I'm gonna throw something at the TV if the final ep ends on a cliffhanger without revealing who the killer is.
            Yeah - it's just one season.

I think it's supposed to be more of an indictment against the criminal justice system, than a "who dun it."

So I'm not even sure if we'll ever find out who did it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              Why have Chandra kiss Nas? Seems so unnecessary to the plot. This was the weakest episode even if it was pretty good. It's obvious now that even if Nas is innocent, he's going to do something in jail to stay in. Thats the message they are sending, that prison changes good people.
              It is just showing how lonely prison makes you, and the desire for a woman.

Yeah - the whole season is supposed to be an indictment against the US criminal justice system; not so much a "mystery/who dun it."

The US cash bail system is completely unconstitutional, and wrong on its face.

You got people sitting in jail for petty crimes, that can't afford to pay 200,300,500 dollar bail, so they have to sit in there for weeks, or months even, waiting for their day in court... During this time, they lose their jobs, houses/apartments, etc. They spend time in jail without even being found guilty.

It would be much better to simply keep them on monitor ankle bracelets or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post
                If you don't think the white guy did it you don't understand TV

If the white guy didn't do it there WILL be riots, I fear for the producers . . .
                That's ridiculous. At the very most, some blogger will throw a tantrum over it on the internet.

Comment

I wanna see Nas get acquitted and then it cuts to a flashback of him killing Andrea.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                    I wanna see Nas get acquitted and then it cuts to a flashback of him killing Andrea.
                    That would he great TV. But my thibking is he is innocent and will end up murdering someone in prison next episode.

Comment

My theory is that the step dad hired the black guy (Duane Reed) to murder Andrea.
                      Last edited by Enayze; 08-22-2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X