No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Wladimir Klitschko transformed heavyweight boxing. His jab, footwork, defense and offense are all immaculate and incomparable. No style works against him.

He proved uppercuts, combos, feinting, swarming etc to be near-worthless (in the case of his opponents) and unnecessary (in the case of himself). Thus by his perfect minimalistic-seeming technique he actually shows how bad previous generations of boxers were who could win with such techniques like feinting and combos.

Wladimir is the blueprint for what strategies work (in his case) and don't work (in his opponents' case). Wladimir Klitschko is the measuring stick for champions of the past and future.
    Last edited by Weltschmerz; 05-07-2015, 01:39 PM.

Wladimir Klitschko is a top 3 heavyweight in history along with Ali and Tyson.

If you don't see that by now, you are just a blind hater and there is no use debating with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenpire View Post
      Wladimir Klitschko is a top 3 heavyweight in history along with Ali and Tyson.

If you don't see that by now, you are just a blind hater and there is no use debating with you.
      List your top 10 heavyweights..because i dont see how tyson or wlad is top 3..and wlad should be higher then tyson

Comment

It was nice to see a glimpse of Wlad throwing combos and slicking his way around someone. I hope the backlash of the Povetkin fight continues to drive him to fight this way, because I've always thought he could. I doubt it though. I think he only did it because of the poor quality of his opponent.

I hope Wlad proves me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          Wladimir Klitschko transformed heavyweight boxing. His performance against Leapai last night cemented this. His jab, footwork, defense and offense were all immaculate and incomparable. No style works against him.

He proved uppercuts, combos, feinting, swarming etc to be near-worthless (in the case of his opponents) and unnecessary (in the case of himself). Thus by his perfect minimalistic-seeming technique he actually shows how bad previous generations of boxers were who could win with such techniques like feinting and combos.

Wladimir is the blueprint for what strategies work (in his case) and don't work (in his opponents' case). Wladimir Klitschko is the measuring stick for champions of the past and future.
          posters like this is what drives some away from this site.
          please Weltschmerz hang with your own kind at those other sites.

Comment

I'm sorry I just can't get into Klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              It was nice to see a glimpse of Wlad throwing combos and slicking his way around someone. I hope the backlash of the Povetkin fight continues to drive him to fight this way, because I've always thought he could. I doubt it though. I think he only did it because of the poor quality of his opponent.

I hope Wlad proves me wrong.
              this fight may have been his last chance to fight on american tv.
              hbo has shined him on and think its a waste of money

Comment

Wladimir Klitschko transformed heavyweight boxing. His performance against Leapai last night cemented this. His jab, footwork, defense and offense were all immaculate and incomparable. No style works against him.

the only thing worthless was leapai. the guy was ko'd by kevin johnson and floored by an 0-13 fighter. he has no skill and weighed 250 pounds. sitting duck.

Comment

Wladimir Klitschko is just quite simply the greatest heavyweight boxer to ever grace the division and we've been so lucky in this era to witness the sheer greatness of Wladimir and Vitali.
                  Wladimir set the new standard of complete and utter dominance and in todays age where training in boxing is took more seriously with proper nutritional experts to help these professional athletes reach a physical standard far more superior to the likes of those from many years ago.

Wlad is the modern Joe Louis of boxing and possibly can be considered the greatest boxer of all time, I now demand the P4P ranking to be re-altered and for Wladimir to be the number one P4P fighter... thank you.
                  Last edited by M Bison; 04-27-2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    List your top 10 heavyweights..because i dont see how tyson or wlad is top 3..and wlad should be higher then tyson
                    1. Wladimir Klitschko
                    2. Lennox Lewis
                    3. Vitali Klitschko
                    4. Tony Thompson
                    5. Chris Byrd
                    6. Lamon Brewster
                    7. Samuel Peters
                    8. Evander Holyfield
                    9. Mike Tyson
                    10. Ibragimov

Don't need to mention any other names all the names from the past are irrelevant because we all know Wladimir would beat them, k thanks bye.

Comment

Working...
                    X