Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good alternatives for use as knuckle guards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good alternatives for use as knuckle guards?

Hey everyone. I recently got back into boxing, trying to get back in shape. My knuckles get really sore after hitting the heavy bag (I've worked myself up to doing 7 rounds so far

Anyway, I'd like to see if you guys/girls had some recommendations for knuckle guards underneath the hand wraps. Thanks in advance!

try pillows.

jk, maybe bring down ur work rate on the heavy bag/replace with shadowboxing (this is more of a workout than heavybag if done right) until your knuckles are conditioned enough again to handle it

Comment

True. I guess I could do that. I just prefer making contact with something :P

I do tend to go all out on the heavy bag. I try to hit with power while throwing with volume so if I was ever to find myself in a war during sparring or something, then I could handle it. Hopefully. Lol

Comment

What length of wraps are you using? They do sell knucklegaurds (Everlast, Ringside, Title, ect.) by themselves or you can use a gauze pad or use the Mexican gauze wraps and make your own like I do.

Comment

Originally posted by ceibant View Post
          True. I guess I could do that. I just prefer making contact with something :P

I do tend to go all out on the heavy bag. I try to hit with power while throwing with volume so if I was ever to find myself in a war during sparring or something, then I could handle it. Hopefully. Lol
          yee go full power shadowbox = even more prepared for volume punching coz ull b used to missing (which takes more eneergy)

Comment

Get a sponge, like the kind you would use to wash dishes. Cut it in half. Lay that over your knuckles and then put on your handwraps. Punch stuff.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll try out the dish sponge thing.

Oh, and I use 180" wraps. Mexican hand wraps and the Everlast FlexCool ones too.

Comment

ooh sponge interesting

Comment

I use a boxing glove.

Comment

When you use the sponge make a pass around your knuckles with the wrap then add the sponge! Be careful your wraps aren't to tight that can cause a lot of problems too.
                    Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X