No announcement yet.

republican christian?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
    Don't know how I can make it any clearer. Civil and moral laws were given to the israelitesto establish them as a nation, and to distinguish them from their neighbors. I am not a Jew living in ancient Israel, why would I follow their ancient traditions, customs and ceremony's? I'm a gentile, not a Jew.

Stoning your wife is the judgment and punishment, not the crime.....hombre. Perhaps this is news to you, but Christians believe in the principal that Christ died for our sins. He bore our punishment. Atonement of sins. Do you even definition?

Cheating on your husband is still immoral. Rape is still immoral. The law is still being broken. But the judgment/punishment is ours anymore, but Christ's who became our high priest. We are commanded not to judge or condemn.
    Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
    This should be the part where you say 'oh I see, still don't believe' and I say 'OK, its cool, moving on...'

Ask yourself, what do you achieve by playing ignorant?
    I'm not playing ignorant and you are making broad statements that all Christians don't follow.

For example, the 10 commandments...

In reality there are 613 commandments, 10 of which Christians seem to be very fond of, yet throw out or don't adhere to the other 603. Why is that? That's under the old covenant given to the ancient Hebrews by god.

Adultery is wrong, but it's ok to eat some really delicious shrimp and BBQ ribs?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      I'm not playing ignorant and you are making broad statements that all Christians don't follow.
      As opposed to legitimately ignorant? Good to know....

:
      For example, the 10 commandments...

In reality there are 613 commandments, 10 of which Christians seem to be very fond of, yet throw out or don't adhere to the other 603. Why is that? That's under the old covenant given to the ancient Hebrews by god.

Adultery is wrong, but it's ok to eat some really delicious shrimp and BBQ ribs?
      Sure, let's pretend that if we keep answering the question, then the question hasn't been answered.

Unless you're serious, in which case I'd strongly wonder of I'm conversating with someone who is legit brain dead.

Comment

You're not very nice and you're being very un Christian.....

Comment

You're not very nice and you're being very un Christian.....

That probably has something to do with me being not very nice and very un christian...

Comment

Working...
          X