Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll. Froch Groves no stoppage. who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll. Froch Groves no stoppage. who would have won?

There is no question that the stoppage in the Groves Froch fight was controversial and many feel it was unwarranted. Had the fight not been stopped and allowed to continue what do you think the result would have been and why?
    Froch by stoppage
    55.56%
    Froch on points
    7.94%
    Groves by stoppage
    9.52%
    Groves on points
    26.98%
    Draw
    0.00%
    Last edited by Prince Mongo; 12-04-2013, 03:37 AM.

Groves on points or possibly a Froch KO.we'll never know so it demands a rematch or Froch to retire and Groves vs a top five opponent for the vacant belt/s.

Comment

Could have gone either way, I'll say Groves by stoppage. He had Froch's number that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        Could have gone either way, I'll say Groves by stoppage. He had Froch's number that night.
        I'd like to think Groves had Froch in bigger trouble than he himself had been in,therefore why didn't the referee wave the fight off in the first round ?

Also looking at Froch's recent fights especially this year,he's looked jaded.Inthink he and Mikkel Kessler should both retire.

Comment

The feeling I have is that if the fight was not stopped prematurely Groves would have weathered the storm and won on points BUT I suspect Hearn had offcials in his pocket and the the verdict would have been a Froch win desite Groves really winning it.

Comment

I'd have Groves on points. Froch landed 2 clean hard shots to the head right there on a tired Groves and Groves didn't even wobble, just tried to get off the ropes and that was when the ref stopped the fight.

Unlike almost every one else, I see no indication that Froch would have gotten a stoppage, considering he was the one getting visibly hurt all night.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I'd have Groves on points. Froch landed 2 clean hard shots to the head right there on a tired Groves and Groves didn't even wobble, just tried to get off the ropes and that was when the ref stopped the fight.

Unlike almost every one else, I see no indication that Froch would have gotten a stoppage, considering he was the one getting visibly hurt all night.
              Co-sign. Groves had been hurt much worse in previous fights and came back to win so I don't see why it would be any different here. Froch is one lucky boy.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I agree with you, I was surprsed how little effect Froch's shots had on Groves and it seemed that Groves' heavy shots were having much more effect. Froch seemed under par in that fight and jaded almost like he had not prepared properly and underestimated Groves. I expect a much better Froch if there is a rematch but the Froch we saw in the first fight loses in a rematch IMO.

Comment

Most likely Froch by KO but that's beside the point.

Comment

Froch by KO, groves was not only hurt he was gassed out, he'd got to the point where he only had 30 seconds in him per round, Froch either would have finished him in that round or in the next one.

Comment

Working...
                    X