Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters really do need to watch what they do. Judge Influnce. Larry Holmes Spinks 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters really do need to watch what they do. Judge Influnce. Larry Holmes Spinks 2

It is ignorant to deny that some judges are not bias. Some are and it does come into play.

After Spinks I, Holmes went on a rampage
    "Rocky Marciano can't carry my jockstrap, you guys can go **** yourselves'
    "Rocky fought bums, you guys love it that I didn't break his record, you guys love it. I don't care about any of you. Rocky can't carry my jock strap.

"Hating on me'

Remember this was in the mid 80's when boxing was still an elite sport, so this was blasted all through the various major networks.

Spinks II was actually a close Holmes win, but I honestly feel judges screwed him because of all his comments and rage.

I always got the feeling judges never liked Oscar either. He is the biggest cash cow of the modern era (outside of Tyson) and he was screwed against Mosley and Tito. He got a 'semi gift' against sturm but that wasn't a giant caliber fight. Oscar's two biggest victories were marred by bad judges. Why?
    I am 100% certain that if Floyd ever gets into another Castillo 1 situation, he will lose on the cards. 100%. At that time he was much more likable through the general perception. I think now every judge is going to look for a way to get Floyd the 'L' in any close fight he have.

Hopkins-Taylor 1/2
    So much influnceing. HBO marketing plan. Hopkins offensive comments for years and years etc. It is almost impossible to be neutral as a judge.
Working...
X