Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Does Amir Khan Have the Best Chance of Beating at Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think right now he'd beat Ortiz, Brook, and Collazo.

I see him having issues for different reasons with the other guys.

Comment

Miguel Cotto.

Nah Khan would get knocked the **** out.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        Khan can do a lot of things at 140lbs... at welterweight his career will be ruined.
        Really? By whom? Berto? The same Berto who throws wide shots, keeps his head up too high for counters and who's feet stay behind when he goes on to attack?

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
          Really? By whom? Berto? The same Berto who throws wide shots, keeps his head up too high for counters and who's feet stay behind when he goes on to attack?
          How about Khan who stands there like a statue when an overhand right comes along... and after 3 land, does he move his head when another one comes?

Of course not!

Berto has 10x the skill Maidana has, and Maidana had him on queer street multiple times.

Khan doesn't wanna taste WW power... or someone as fast or faster than himself.

Comment

There is still the chin question, yeah he held out with Maidana for 12 rounds but he looked out on his feet when he got hit. But in terms of his ability and his boxing game, he should/could be able to bang with all those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              Khan himself doesn't have "great" defense. Though Berto isn't the killer of all killers at 147, his speed along with the pop he does have would hurt Khan, possibly take him out.

I think for the most part, Khan's chin is always going to be a question mark going into any fight with a guy who's got a punch. He got my respect after surviving the Maidana fight, but I can't imagine how he'd be able to survive the power and overall boxing ability from Berto, Cotto, or even Mosley for that matter (who IMO could still KO Khan).

Comment

He could honestly beat everyone there except Pacquiao and Mayweather.

Comment

bump........

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                    I dunno.

The Maidana fight was quite something. But I can't imagine Khan getting caught by a hook from Shane Mosley, getting punished to the body by Cotto, taking an uppercut from Berto and not getting laid out like a picnic blanket.

Perhaps Floyd might not take him out.
                    Why cant Mosley catch him? Floyd would knock him out. Pac would knock himout. Berto would knock him out. Collazo would be life and death for him but he possibly pulls it out. Ortiz would be competitive but I pick Ortiz. We just need to see how he does with a Matt Hatt first. At 147 he's in deep trouble.

Comment

as much as i don't like khan, i know he can beat everyone on the list besides mayweather and pacquiao. berto is an iffy one, i think berto has what it takes to stop him, but who knows...

Comment

Working...
                      X