Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather's Adviser: Nobody is Thinking About Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather's Adviser: Nobody is Thinking About Pacquiao

Speaking with The Grand Rapids Press, Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s adviser Leonard Ellerbe denied reports that negotiations for a fight with Manny Pacquiao would begin as early as Tuesday of this week. Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach told reporters that negotiations would begin this week. Ellerbe says Pacquiao is not even on Mayweather's mind. [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-10-2010, 09:01 PM.

Originally posted by And Still View Post

Mayweather said several weeks ago that if his fight with Mosley significantly outperformed Pacquiao's victory in March over Joshua Clottey, he would not fight Pacquiao under the terms originally negotiated and would demand a substantial purse shift in his favor.

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde..._report_t.html
    Last edited by And Still; 05-10-2010, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Felix Trinidad-De La Hoya, in 1999, would fall to the third-highest-grossing non-heavyweight fight, with 1.4 million buys and $71 million.

At 1.4 million buys, Mayweather-Mosley would double the Pacquiao-Clottey figure
      so Mosley/May PPV #s did what DLH/Tito did..
      damn I didnt even think about that..

Comment

Roach just needs to shut up.... dude stays putting out false information.

Comment

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
          so Mosley/May PPV #s did what DLH/Tito did..
          damn I didnt even think about that..
          Think about this: Oscar did 1.5 mil in TWO fights with Mosley. Floyd did 1.4 mil in ONE.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
            Roach just needs to shut up.... dude stays putting out false information.
            What he say?

Comment

Mayweather and Pacquiao agreed to a 50-50 split of gross purses in the initial negotiation, although sources have indicated the Grand Rapids native actually would have received much more in pay-per-view percentages if the fight had come off as originally proposed.
              Told you guys, but people felt I was bs'ing when I said this.

Comment

----------------------
                Mayweather said several weeks ago that if his fight with Mosley significantly outperformed Pacquiao's victory in March over Joshua Clottey, he would not fight Pacquiao under the terms originally negotiated and would demand a substantial purse shift in his favor.
                -----------------------

Are you actually happy that Floyd will negotiate for a bigger split?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  What he say?
                  He said Arum was flying to the PI to talk to Pac about fighting Floyd because a deal was almost done.

Arum later said he's in the PI because he wants to support Pac. He also said he didn't talk to Pac about fighting Floyd and they don't have a deal done.

Roach said the fight is a done deal. Team Money May said they still don't talk about the fight.

Comment

I can't wait until Floyd beats on Pac. My goodness that ass whooping will be the most enjoyable of them all.

Comment

Working...
                    X