No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Matt's lost to Judah and Alexander..Like I said,not one notable victory on his resume..
    He was robbed....

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      It's not his fault. You had the rematch clause with Morales.

And what people don't understand is that GBP has a long term contract with the Barclay and they have to hit certain ticket sale quotas to keep that contract. That's why the Judah fight is happening in a nutshell.

I think they are trying to build up Matthysse vs. Garcia a little bit more so they can put it there at a later time.

That's the reason Schaefer won't make Maidana vs. Paulie because he doesn't think Maidana can sell tickets at that venue.
      He wont make Marcos - Paulie because he saw what Cano did to him and needs paulie to sit and wait for Khan or Garcia to come up to WW and get an easy title

Comment

It's not his fault. You had the rematch clause with Morales.

And what people don't understand is that GBP has a long term contract with the Barclay and they have to hit certain ticket sale quotas to keep that contract. That's why the Judah fight is happening in a nutshell.

I think they are trying to build up Matthysse vs. Garcia a little bit more so they can put it there at a later time.

That's the reason Schaefer won't make Maidana vs. Paulie because he doesn't think Maidana can sell tickets at that venue.
        Good post, I don't dispute any of that. But to think a Garcia-Matthysse bout wouldn't sell at the Barclay's right now is ridiculous. I understand the build up and all... and I'm not opposed to Garcia-Judah, just saying that he's yet to get in with a legit jr. welter, despite being a solid fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          He was robbed....
          Against Alexander... Judah is debatable, could've gone either way. Matthysse started late.

Comment

• I'm guilty of it too but people got to be patient. Seeing as how they made Canelo vs Trout, there's no doubt in my mind that we will see Garcia, Matthysse, Peterson and Khan all fight each other.

Comment

• Art takes the first...he looks pretty sharp. This other guy is missing like a wild man, has a lot of nervous energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by deejd View Post
                Against Alexander... Judah is debatable, could've gone either way. Matthysse started late.
                He was robbed in both.He clearly won 6 rounds in the Judah fight, should have won the fight

Comment

I'm guilty of it too but people got to be patient. Seeing as how they made Canelo vs Trout, there's no doubt in my mind that we will see Garcia, Matthysse, Peterson and Khan all fight each other.
                  No we'll see a set up Khan and Garcia fight each other again and everyone else is going to beat each other up in the mean time

The fight that should be happening next is Garcia-Lucas. THere is absolutely no reason it shouldnt happen next

Comment

I'm guilty of it too but people got to be patient. Seeing as how they made Canelo vs Trout, there's no doubt in my mind that we will see Garcia, Matthysse, Peterson and Khan all fight each other.
                    They make better match-ups than TR, but I think Canelo-Trout was more to do with Canelo wanting it than management. If it was up to them, I don't think they would've made it.
                    Shoot, Chavez Jr-Martinez was only because Chavez Jr. wanted it. If it was up to Arum/WBC, they'd never allow it

Comment

• Perez had a good second but he doesn't have enough power to even phase Art...it's a matter of time before he crushes him.

1-1

Comment

Working...
                      X