No announcement yet.

Mark Hunt vs JDS official for UFC 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    You're a moron who does nothing but put words into my mouth. I didn't compare Carwin to Hunt neither did I compare JDS to Ali or Hopkins. Why don't you stick to NSB.

Are you the Sonnen fanboy in this section who also happens to be obsessed with an underaged gymnast from the last olympics? I don't remember his name but I had a lot of flamewars with that guy.

Unfortunately, it's not pre-late00s anymore and THIS did happen.

So the whole "Hunt can't be hurt or KO'd!" is as debunked as "Fedor can't lose!".
    And the predictable answer is always "Manhoef is the hardest puncher in the history of mankind!!!" coming from people who have no idea what they're talking about. I've seen most of Melvin's matches and no, he's not the most deadly one-punch guy at all, not even close. This is just the Hunt-fans way of making the brutal KO loss seem less bad.

The fact is that that fight proves that Hunt can be KO'd just like anybody else, and the attempts to "hide" or discredit the Manhoef rape is dishonest.
    Not saying I disagree, but Manhoef does hit pretty hard. Who would you say is the most deadly one punch guy then? Just wondering.

Comment

Y'all some dumb mother fuckers. There is some sherdog/underground levels of dumb going on here. People seriously can't be fans of these sports and be that dense. It's impossible.

Comment

A lot of irony and lack of knowledge in this post.

Discrediting Overeem's K-1 victory while completely ignoring/being unaware of Hunt's FLUKE of a K-1 victory.

Are you even aware that Hunt was on a 3 fight losing streak before being GRANTED A WILDCARD for his exciting Homer Simpson style?

He lost to Hoost and Graham but still got into the Final 8 because Cro Cop was injured.

Then Sefo defeated him. Yet he still got a wildcard because Sefo had to pull out due to an eye injury.

He had a great run after that to win the tournament although the Filho fight was very close, but Hunt's K-1 crown is the definition of fluke. No way in hell was he the best in the world like the K-1 WGP is supposed to represent.

And all of this was in 2001, nothing like Overeem's recent stint. To claim Hunt is still a "world class kickboxer" when he hasn't won a kickboxing match in a ****ing decade is laughable.
        A lot of pot calling the kettle black here. It doesn't matter about what tournament Hunt 'underperformed' in, or what not. The man has an illustrious kickboxing record.

Comment

You're a moron who does nothing but put words into my mouth. I didn't compare Carwin to Hunt neither did I compare JDS to Ali or Hopkins. Why don't you stick to NSB.

And neither did I compare Hunts leg kicking to Ernesto Hoost moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            A lot of pot calling the kettle black here. It doesn't matter about what tournament Hunt 'underperformed' in, or what not. The man has an illustrious kickboxing record.
            It does matter when you are claiming that Hunt is currently a world class kickboxer and that nobody in the devision right now can touch him standing. Both claims can be proven wrong by looking at his history. Hunt hasn't fought a world class kickboxing level(unless you count the embarassing 08 appearance against Schilt but I didn't count that one to be fair to him) in that actual sport in over a decade, and the best striker he has fought (standing) since Cro Cop in Pride is Manhoef and you saw what happened.

The fact is that to stay at that level of striking takes extremely hard work, something this lazy fatboy didn't have in many years. It's laughable how some people write JDS off purely because of Hunt's ancient kickboxing career. Hunt has only shown a big punch against b-level opposition right now. JDS has far more range and ways to win this and he will.

Originally posted by G A M E View Post
            And neither did I compare Hunts leg kicking to Ernesto Hoost moron.
            I was clearly being sarcastic while you actually said I compared Carwin to Hunt or JDS to Hopkins and Ali. Lets just keep it at you being an imbecile. I will not reply to a NSB scrub in this section.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Not saying I disagree, but Manhoef does hit pretty hard. Who would you say is the most deadly one punch guy then? Just wondering.
              Well I was really going at the people who make so many excuses for that loss and their hyping of Manhoef to further ease that loss. Manhoef does hit very hard but he is also very wild. And it takes a fool to get sparked in one shot by him in particular when you're a big HW.
              Maybe that fight was karma for Hunt for having beat up so many little guys in Japan like that WW boxer with no MMA experience or other lhw's? Maybe this little guy wasn't having it.

Comment

Well I was really going at the people who make so many excuses for that loss and their hyping of Manhoef to further ease that loss. Manhoef does hit very hard but he is also very wild. And it takes a fool to get sparked in one shot by him in particular when you're a big HW.
                Maybe that fight was karma for Hunt for having beat up so many little guys in Japan like that WW boxer with no MMA experience or other lhw's? Maybe this little guy wasn't having it.
                I understand. But, just out of curiosity, who would you pick as the hardest hitting one shot guy though? I might go with Liddell's straight right, maybe Crocop's head kicks, Fedor's right knocked down and out quite a few opponents. I'd also throw in Anderson Silva with his knees to the face and kicks, with the front kick to Belfort. Wanderlei hit pretty hard too.

Comment

that Manhoef ko of Hunt was crazy though, Hunt was not only rushing forward but his feet appeared to actually be off the ground. I wouldn't criticise any fighters chin based off that KO lol and I'm not one of those guys overhyping Hunt, I have only seen replays of Pride fights.

Comment

It does matter when you are claiming that Hunt is currently a world class kickboxer and that nobody in the devision right now can touch him standing. Both claims can be proven wrong by looking at his history. Hunt hasn't fought a world class kickboxing level(unless you count the embarassing 08 appearance against Schilt but I didn't count that one to be fair to him) in that actual sport in over a decade, and the best striker he has fought (standing) since Cro Cop in Pride is Manhoef and you saw what happened.

The fact is that to stay at that level of striking takes extremely hard work, something this lazy fatboy didn't have in many years. It's laughable how some people write JDS off purely because of Hunt's ancient kickboxing career. Hunt has only shown a big punch against b-level opposition right now. JDS has far more range and ways to win this and he will.

I was clearly being sarcastic while you actually said I compared Carwin to Hunt or JDS to Hopkins and Ali. Lets just keep it at you being an imbecile. I will not reply to a NSB scrub in this section.
                    You might want to actually read what I say rather than make it up for yourself. I didn't get past the bold.

Comment

I did misunderstand your post here

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                      Why is it that it is so hard for people to comprehend that Mark Hunt is simply speaking a worldclass kickboxer? In his prime, that is, of course. That isn't to say he is in worldclass form at the moment, with respect to competitive professional kickboxing. But, his striking is way better than any other heavyweight in the UFC, and it isn't even a contest.
                      But it's still foolish. You put so much stock into Hunt being a world class kickboxer an eternity ago and pretty much imply that it's the reason his striking is the best, yet another guy in the UFC not only is a world class kickboxer at the moment instead of 10+ years ago, but has shown more skills and beaten better opposition as well. Also didn't wildcard his way into a K-1 championship.
                      Your bias for Hunt is very clear here and you don't even realise the contradictions while overrating him.

Comment

Working...
                      X