No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi - Rebuilding The Magic Man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi - Rebuilding The Magic Man

By Thomas Gerbasi - Left for boxing’s version of dead after a May 2010 loss to Amir Khan, Paulie Malignaggi could have walked off into the proverbial sunset as a cautionary tale, a prime example of what could have been if he had a little power, better hands, and even better luck.

But then a funny thing happened to the 30-year old from Brooklyn. He moved out west, found a new trainer in Eric Brown, a new weight class at 147 pounds, was signed by Golden Boy Promotions, and after wins over Michael Lozada and Jose Miguel Cotto, the “Magic Man” is a player again, practically reborn in a sport that celebrates resurrections even more than the first coming. You might even say that after some dark times, Malignaggi is happy again. That doesn’t mean he’s forgiven the sport completely though.

“It feels good to be a part of something like this, and yes, maybe some of the bad taste is out of my mouth because I’m with the team I have now,” said Malignaggi, who now lives in Los Angeles. “But having been a part of this business for such a long time, I know what goes on. I’m in a happy situation now, but overall, boxing is what it is. Even things that have nothing to do with me, like bad decisions every weekend or something messed up going on, there are things out there that are way out of your control." [Click Here To Read More]

Paulie vs Kamegai would be a good fight.

Comment

Hope they rebuild his hands with a harder substance.

Comment

rebuilding? da ****k?

Comment

aww..... poor paulie

Comment

Originally posted by i box foreal View Post
            Hope they rebuild his hands with a harder substance.
            Plaster, give him plaster in his hands then those two will actually be called fists with power.

Comment

He needs to rebuild his over-tweazed eyebrows

Comment

how do u not like paulie?? dude kept fighting with a broken jaw.The boxing community is the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
                  how do u not like paulie?? dude kept fighting with a broken jaw.The boxing community is the worst.
                  he's a slut with no class

hurrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
                    he's a slut with no class

hurrrr
                    yes clearly he's the one with no class.

Comment

Working...
                    X