Brother Nazim v Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
    yup. i saw that, too.

anyone remember when Naz was the greatest trainer who ever lived for a minute there? then he lost a fight or two and the novelty of his 'i'm a cool-as-Samuel-L, eloquent professor of esoteric, Afrocentric bullshit philosophy' act wore off.

my appreciation of him only extends so far. he's an idiosyncratic motivator and a solid strategist, but not the guru that people made him out to be after Hopkins-Pav and Shane-Tony. and no great technical trainer, either, from what i've seen.
    He is working with over 40's there, there's only a certain amount you can do before age takes it's toll.

Cunningham is also seriously undersized as a HW and his chin was never great as a Cruiser, but Cunningham has some serious boxing skills and he was robbed against Adamek in his last fight.

I'm not saying he's the world greatest trainer but it's easy enough when you have a super talented young prime guy and molding him from there. It's much harder with older more ringworn guys whose styles are already developed.

He only trained Mosley for the Tony, Floyd and Manny fights. You can hardly blame him for the defeats against Floyd and Manny.

Nazim doesn't any professional boxers on his books outside of Hopkins/Mosley and Cunningham. He has openly professed to preferring training amateurs and kids off the street to keep them off the street.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Nazim got a young prime and super talented guy.

Comment

Working...
    X