Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Boxing better when Lou Dibella was head of HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Boxing better when Lou Dibella was head of HBO?

I have heard he was much better and knew what he was doing when he had the job but I started really following the sport in 2006-2007.

in comparison to Greenturd & Carey Davis, yes.

The thing is he's a boxing guy, he knows boxing. Greenturd doesn't know **** about boxing and Davis came from THE MUSIC INDUSTRY prior to joining with HBO sports.

Whatever they do in the future they need to get boxing guys in there, not some fucktards who can't figure out why Andre Berto isn't a main attraction.

I mean this is simple stuff. You get a couple hardcore boxing fans and they/we could do a better job figuring out what fans want to see then these jokers. Hey let's get Berto vs Urango and stevie forbes, that will be stellar! no, fuck off.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 09-09-2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

One last thing, HBO has been too focused on trying to CREATE stars rather simply focusing on making the most entertaining fights, which actually makes the sport overall more popular. People want to tune and be entertained. Not bored to death of some "awesome talent" with the HBO crew sucking him off telling us how awesome they are and that pot shotting and avoiding risks with no inside game is sweet, sweet science.

Not that I want to bring up UFC because it's totally different, but what makes them successfull? they put together fights fans want to see.

HBO does this every now and then (p-will vs martinez rematch for example) but not often enough. They do have the power and leverage to make the fights happen more than people realize.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        in comparison to Greenturd & Carey Davis, yes.

The thing is he's a boxing guy, he knows boxing. Greenturd doesn't know **** about boxing and Davis came from THE MUSIC INDUSTRY prior to joining with HBO sports.

Whatever they do in the future they need to get boxing guys in there, not some fucktards who can't figure out why Andre Berto isn't a main attraction.

I mean this is simple stuff. You get a couple hardcore boxing fans and they/we could do a better job figuring out what fans want to see then these jokers. Hey let's get Berto vs Urango and stevie forbes, that will be stellar! no, fuck off.
        I honestly can not believe how great the actual sport of Boxing is but it is just truly pathetic how badly it is run. I get pissed off at this,

Comment

Was Boxing better when Lou Dibella was head of HBO?
          if only Lou DiBella was head of HBO again we could have more fights like Steroidgio vs. Barker the Goat Farmer, Sheep Herder, Taxi Driver, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
            I honestly can not believe how great the actual sport of Boxing is but it is just truly pathetic how badly it is run. I get pissed off at this,
            right, with all the BS, there are some really simple things that can be done to really improve it. I don't think the sport will ever be rid of the BS, it just can't, but at the very least the most powerful boxing machine in HBO can put together better, more entertaining fights and more consistently, with the right people in charge.

Hell, there were rumors not long ago of Fat Dan being the matchmaker for HBO and for all the hate he gets, I gaurantee he would do a better job then HBO has done lately. He knows what fans want, he knows boxing. He knows entertainment. Of course he's not without bias or flaws, but still, that's all it takes - someone who loves and lives the sport.
            Last edited by ИATAS; 09-09-2011, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X