Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you agree that nirvana was the last great/critical acclaimed american band?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
    It's the popular thing now a days to say they sucked and are overrated.

But if you are asking me, I think they weren't close to the best band of that era. STP, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Tool, and Bush were all at the very least as good as Nirvana.
    Being overrated doesn't mean they have to suck, but I agree that they are overrated. It drives me crazy to see Smells Like Teen Spirit in the top 5 or 10 of Greatest Songs Ever lists. I'm not even sure it's one of Nirvana's 5 best songs.

Comment

im a fan so im gonna say yes, and i am happy there STILL getting the amount of attention they are, its crazy how Big Nirvana still is, i feel they deserve every bit of it and EVERYONE has there set of haters and even doubters so that kinda comes with the territory and im fine with that..

i dont think there overrated in the least..

Comment

Were they a great band to me? No. They were a very good band though. David Grohl is still doing his thing and is very successful. I was never really into the so-called grunge movement. Some of it I liked a lot, some of it I did not take to.

Comment

the white stripes.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Being overrated doesn't mean they have to suck, but I agree that they are overrated. It drives me crazy to see Smells Like Teen Spirit in the top 5 or 10 of Greatest Songs Ever lists. I'm not even sure it's one of Nirvana's 5 best songs.
            i happen to disagree. its the perfect rock and roll song. its rebellious, dangerous, apathetic, angsty and it rocks. it's the my generation, satisfaction, like a rolling stone of the 90's.

as far as overrating, I've said this before and I'll say it again, music is art, art is subjective, but to be the kinda band that sells a lot of records and has the artistic credibility that they had isn't an easy thing to do. the only other bands i can think of that sold a lot of records and had the critics kiss their asses time and again are the beatles and u2.

Comment

Nirvana is probably one of the greatest American bands of all time. They've had a huge influence on music both on the sound and other things as well.

Cobain's anti mainstream image basically shaped how the biggest bands since then portray themselves to the media. I can see those influences in Tool and Radiohead.

Comment

I honestly don't like any of their songs lol

I tried. I can't listen to a single one for more than 20 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by larryXdavid View Post
                  kurt cobain or david bowie, who is the best songwriter?
                  I can't believe that question even got asked. Bowie is an ATG songwriter, while the only thing Cobain was good for was shotgun mouthwash.

PS. I despise Grunge.

Poet

Comment

David Bowie is the most talented man to grace this planet.

Comment

Originally posted by larryXdavid View Post
                      kurt cobain or david bowie, who is the best songwriter?
                      Obv david bowie

Comment

Working...
                      X