Does Vasyl understand he is being protected? Posted this on Twitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
    I thought this was basically a done deal for November 7
    Rigo is taking a page out of Chavez Jr's "wait out the rest of my contract" playbook.
    Gary Hyde was the one talking about this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Lomo has very few options, Rigo has even less.

Rigo being a small 122lber makes moving up for this fight a big risk to him.
      Is 124 not fair then? I always see you posting on gigi threads defending his proposed catchweight vs wards. How is this any different

Comment

OK everyone he is not being protected my mistake, but after salido he hasn't fought anyone that stands out other than the thai dude but he sucked

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          Is 124 not fair then? I always see you posting on gigi threads defending his proposed catchweight vs wards. How is this any different
          I stated before I was fine with Lomo coming down or agreeing to a rehydration limit. Doing both could be a problem as he'd be stressed from the cut and then not able to recover.

Lomo rehydrates around 138lbs, Rigo to 126lbs. There's a legit size difference between these two, and unlike other Rigo opponents Lomo is fast, strong, and knows how to fight. When a guy moves up and gives up size and speed (or in this case doesn't have a speed advantage), that's a bit unfair. What tangibles is Rigo supposed to beat Lomo with? His technique might be better, but there's a strong chance it won't offset the size difference because Lomo's really good. We've seen Rigo get knocked down by lesser fighters and he had a war with a bigger Cordoba.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            No, Rigondeaux pulled a Golovkin. Wanted a catchweight and a rehydration clause.
            Initially but Hyde backed off on the catchweight. I think they're working on the numbers right now and targeting that 11/7 HBO slot

Comment

OK everyone he is not being protected my mistake, but after salido he hasn't fought anyone that stands out other than the thai dude but he sucked
              Who is he supposed to fight? Haymon signed up all the FW's. The Thai guy was a mando. Lomo/Vazquez could be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                Who is he supposed to fight? Haymon signed up all the FW's. The Thai guy was a mando. Lomo/Vazquez could be a good fight.
                hey walters is a fight that can easily be made but lomas manager said he didnt want that fight for him.

Comment

seriously, how can anyone hate lomachenko??
                  this guy is obviously here to make history/fight the best there is at 126.
                  how hard is it to see that?
                  if you wanna hate, hate the fans that are biased, and try to force their opinions on loma being #1 and beating other fighters. dont hate the fighter.

Comment

hey walters is a fight that can easily be made but lomas manager said he didnt want that fight for him.
                    Forgot about Walters for a sec, yeah that's still one of Lomo's only big name options along with Rigo. They just need to put in a extra big weight penalty if Walters decides to come in over the limit. They have the same promoter, Axe Man needs to push it, or even become a mando for another FW title and then win it.

Comment

Working...
                    X