No announcement yet.

I refuse to order Showtime PPV if…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
    They don’t drop , Mauro Ranallo from the commentating crew. The guy knows zero about boxing and when he commentates, he makes everything sound fake like he’s a wrestling commentator.

At least with Jim Lampley, he has a history of being a commentator, and half the time when he saids dumb things its fun to talk about on here, he also isn’t clueless about this sport like Mauro Ranallo, sure he’s biased but most commentators are.

The rest of the Showtime crew are very good and to me at least rival the HBO commentators, I like Bernstein and Mallinaggi a lot, I also like Roy and Kellerman(even though he is the most hated after Lampley) but that fool Mauro Ranallo has to go.

Can you guys really picture yourself watching Mayweather/Guerrero and Canelo/Trout listening to that guys voice the whole night? He should be working MMA still or WWE, its a disgrace to have him call Boxing.

Just look at his dumb face
    AMEN. He's terrible. Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      Max is a bias for NY fighters, ass hat. He lost his "edge" a while ago.
      Not even, and how often to NY fighters fight on HBO? And I’m from NY

Comment

They don’t drop , Mauro Ranallo from the commentating crew. The guy knows zero about boxing and when he commentates, he makes everything sound fake like he’s a wrestling commentator.

At least with Jim Lampley, he has a history of being a commentator, and half the time when he saids dumb things its fun to talk about on here, he also isn’t clueless about this sport like Mauro Ranallo, sure he’s biased but most commentators are.

The rest of the Showtime crew are very good and to me at least rival the HBO commentators, I like Bernstein and Mallinaggi a lot, I also like Roy and Kellerman(even though he is the most hated after Lampley) but that fool Mauro Ranallo has to go.

Can you guys really picture yourself watching Mayweather/Guerrero and Canelo/Trout listening to that guys voice the whole night? He should be working MMA still or WWE, its a disgrace to have him call Boxing.

Just look at his dumb face
        Jim Lampley is a glorified cheerleader. Im not going to lie I felt like I wasn't going to like Mauro the first time I saw him on a Showtime broadcast, but he's actually pretty good. He has cover other sports besides MMA and wrestling and IMO he's just as good as Kellerman or Lampley, and just as knowledgeable. Lampley and Kellerman are the most baised commentators in the sport. Showtimes commentary line up is 10 times better HBO's and I ****ing hate MMA.
        Go back and listen to some of the fights he worked and tell me where he said something stupid that warrants you saying he doesn't know **** about boxing. He might be new to the sport as a broadcaster but it doesn't mean he hasn't been following the sport.

Comment

YES........... He is so annoying I honestly consider muting the event every time he starts talking, if you can even call it talking, more shouting if you ask me.

Comment

Gus Johnson is horrible too.

These two are two of my least favorite fight commentators. They suck for mma too.

Comment

Mauro Ranallo and Gus Johson's jobs are to hype up the crowd and give a play by play without stuttering all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                Jim Lampley is a glorified cheerleader. Im not going to lie I felt like I wasn't going to like Mauro the first time I saw him on a Showtime broadcast, but he's actually pretty good. He has cover other sports besides MMA and wrestling and IMO he's just as good as Kellerman or Lampley, and just as knowledgeable. Lampley and Kellerman are the most baised commentators in the sport. Showtimes commentary line up is 10 times better HBO's and I ****ing hate MMA.
                Go back and listen to some of the fights he worked and tell me where he said something stupid that warrants you saying he doesn't know **** about boxing. He might be new to the sport as a broadcaster but it doesn't mean he hasn't been following the sport.
                First off, the amount of hate Max gets on here is ridiculous, Ranallo does’t know a fraction of what Max knows about boxing. Go back and read what I said, I never said he saids anything stupid, but what is he there for? To call the fight, and he sounds so fake and animated its terrible, he doesn’t say anything dumb honestly because he doesn’t have much to say, he never does anything except call what we see and he does it in a wrestling voice. Bring back Gus Johnson, he doesn’t know about boxing as well but he was much better then that Wrestling commentator

Comment

are you a fan of world commentators council?

Comment

The guy happens to know less about boxing than Jim, I have even heard Al Bernstein get upset with Ranallo once for talking while he was speaking, he has never done anything memorable whether good or bad, he sounds like Michael Cole from the WWF I don’t understand why you like the guy but hey that your opinion
                    Based off what, exactly? Is it Jim and Mauro's job to tell the viewer what they know about boxing? No, their job is to call the fight. Lampley does a very poor job at that, and Mauro calls it like WE see it.

You're just hating on him, because of his voice basically. Besides, your post is ******ed. You "refuse" to watch a Showtime PPV if Mauro/Bernstein/Paulie are commentating?

MMMMM HMMMMMMM, I believe you boss.

Comment

I'm sure Mauro's never seen a boxing match before, and just decided to fill in for Gus. Another guy that calls it down the middle, and calls EVERY shot that lands for either fighter.

You will literally go through a 2 minute stretch without Lampley calling the fight. Instead, he talks about some dumb ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X