No announcement yet.

Quiznos crook scene.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiznos crook scene.

Quiznos has been the target of several lawsuits related to its treatment of franchisees. A New Jersey lawsuit relates to the $25,000.00 in licensing fees Quiznos charges its franchisees. The lawsuit contends that Quiznos often collects and pockets this fee without fulfilling its obligation to find store locations. A Wisconsin lawsuit complains that Quiznos licensing agreements compel franchisees to buy all their supplies -- from sandwich meat to paper towels -- from Quiznos-owned vendors that charge higher prices than those of independent suppliers. The corporation receives millions of dollars in rebates from these vendors.

On November 27, 2006, Bhupinder Baber, the franchise owner of two Long Beach, CA Quiznos, committed suicide by shooting himself in the stomach three times while inside the bathroom of a Quiznos located in Whittier, CA. Baber had been in a long legal battle with the company after suing it for opening new stores too close to his own locations. Quiznos had retaliated by terminating Baber's franchises and suing him on two separate occasions. In a two page suicide note found on Baber's body, he accused Quiznos of mistreating franchise owners like him, contributing to a rapid decline in his physical and mental health. "Quiznos has killed me. Destroyed my life. Destroyed my family life for the past seven years," Baber wrote in the note A group of critical Quiznos franchisees, known as The Toasted Subs Franchisee Association, posted the note on their website http://www.toastedsubs.info intending to raise funds for the Baber family. Quiznos, stating that the group was defaming the company, responded by terminating the contracts of eight franchise owners belonging to the group. These franchisees in turn filed an injunction on December 15, 2006 in the District Court of Colorado against Quiznos which is currently pending.

In June 2004, the Quiznos at Downtown Crossing, Boston, Massachusetts, was at the center of a hepatitis scare.

Quiznos received some unusual publicity beginning in February 2005 when the Seattle Times broke the story of Dawna Lentz, a manager of a shop located in a strip mall in North Seattle, Washington. A month after the shop opened, the managing partner left, leaving an absentee owner in charge. He stopped putting money into the shop, and soon severed contact with the shop's employees altogether. Lentz kept the place running for several months, paying employees out of the cash register and buying supplies at grocery stores when the suppliers stopped delivering. Quiznos at first did not pay attention to Lentz, and her requests for help were ignored. However, when the experience became the subject of a story of an episode of PRI's This American Life, Quiznos swiftly took over operations of the store, and the company praised Lentz for her handling of the situation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiznos_Sub

I read that in Wikipedia. I never knew about these things, lol. I guess I was totally in the dark, I mean I don't remember this making headlines.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Working...
X