Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of 154lbs rematches are a must before we move on...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of 154lbs rematches are a must before we move on...

Cintron vs Williams:

Kermit was giving Paul a good and tougher than expected fight before he was launched out of the ring in the 4th round. Before the fight, I thought Paul would easily handle Kermit, but that wasn't the case, albeit it was only 3.5 rounds. But Kermit was boxing well and he is always equipped with that great equalizer, natural knockout power. These two have unsettled business and this rematch needs to happen, hopefully sooner than later.

Cotto vs Foreman:

Cotto didn't "dominate" Foreman until after the knee injury in the 7th round. Prior to that, Yuri was still in the fight and even caught Cotto with a straight right hand that seemed to bother the former Welterweight. We all know Cotto gasses in the late rounds and I was very curious to see how he handled the extra weight during the second half of the fight. This was a championship fight and it's a somewhat tainted victory given the unfortunate circumstances. Yuri deserves the opportunity to regain his Championship especially because of the ****ty hand he was dealt last night.

I say make the rematches and the winners can move on to fight each other. Questions would be answered and their next fights would be more meaningful.

HBO said they do want Cintron on thier broadcast.

Cotto was winning ther fight before he got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      HBO said they do want Cintron on thier broadcast.

Cotto was winning ther fight before he got hurt.
      It wasn't a shut out and there was still half a fight to go.

Comment

Originally posted by M@nny View Post
        It wasn't a shut out and there was still half a fight to go.
        I had Cotto winning every round except Round 4.

Its not Cottos fault Foreman was running so much he got hurt.

Comment

yea foreman deserves a rematch.....

cintron deserves a rematch with williams

but i want cotto-angulo

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            I had Cotto winning every round except Round 4.

Its not Cottos fault Foreman was running so much he got hurt.
            Yuri was the champion, he suffered an unfortunate injury the fight. A rematch is the right thing to do. Yuri is not a star however, so it probably won't happen. If the roles were reversed and Cotto got hurt there would surely be a rematch. Hopefully Bob does the right thing and puts these two against each other again.

Comment

Yuri was the champion, he suffered an unfortunate injury the fight. A rematch is the right thing to do. Yuri is not a star however, so it probably won't happen. If the roles were reversed and Cotto got hurt there would surely be a rematch. Hopefully Bob does the right thing and puts these two against each other again.
              He might. Im not sure if he had a rematch clause. Most champs do.

Arum said Cottos next fight will be between Chavez Jr, Margarito or Pacquiao. So Foreman is out apparently.

Comment

Cintron vs Williams:

Kermit was giving Paul a good and tougher than expected fight before he was launched out of the ring in the 4th round. Before the fight, I thought Paul would easily handle Kermit, but that wasn't the case, albeit it was only 3.5 rounds. But Kermit was boxing well and he is always equipped with that great equalizer, natural knockout power. These two have unsettled business and this rematch needs to happen, hopefully sooner than later.

Cotto vs Foreman:

Cotto didn't "dominate" Foreman until after the knee injury in the 7th round. Prior to that, Yuri was still in the fight and even caught Cotto with a straight right hand that seemed to bother the former Welterweight. We all know Cotto gasses in the late rounds and I was very curious to see how he handled the extra weight during the second half of the fight. This was a championship fight and it's a somewhat tainted victory given the unfortunate circumstances. Yuri deserves the opportunity to regain his Championship especially because of the ****ty hand he was dealt last night.

I say make the rematches and the winners can move on to fight each other. Questions would be answered and their next fights would be more meaningful.
                lmao what???
                cotto was up 5 rounds to 1
                what fight were u watching???

Comment

Originally posted by heat27 View Post
                  lmao what???
                  cotto was up 5 rounds to 1
                  what fight were u watching???
                  He was winning the rounds but he wasn't "dominating" Yuri... Dominating is what Manny did to him.

Comment

LOL @ foreman deserving a rematch because he got knocked out

Comment

Working...
                    X