Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fight is worse: Ward vs Barrera or Golovkin vs Johnson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FashionTV View Post
    what's up larry? how's it going?
    Pretty well, Nathaniel.

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
      They're both okay. The difference is Golovkin's is a MANDATORY, meaning he has to take the fight in order to keep his BELT. Something biased idiots like you can't comprehend. Ward/Barrera is a solid matchup, but it's looking like Andre Bored is going to continue being a joke and pass on that fight in favor of a Periban mismatch or something similar. Keep stretching, dummy.
      I know it's been said before but /thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
        They're both okay. The difference is Golovkin's is a MANDATORY, meaning he has to take the fight in order to keep his BELT. Something biased idiots like you can't comprehend. Ward/Barrera is a solid matchup, but it's looking like Andre Bored is going to continue being a joke and pass on that fight in favor of a Periban mismatch or something similar. Keep stretching, dummy.
        Exactly, this fact is what some posters are forgetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Both solid stay busy fights... I can't hate on either one, especially if Kovolev and Canelo are next in line
          "solid stay busy fight"

problem with both these guys is their entire careers are stay busy fights

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-hickey View Post
            "solid stay busy fight"

problem with both these guys is their entire careers are stay busy fights
            Maybe recently with Ward... Can't argue that..

Golovkin has been outright dodged for years by every top middleweight.. He has legitamately been a top contender since 2010 and has been ducked by sturm, then serg, then cotto,

Comment

Can't be mad at either. Golovkin-Johnson is a mandatory and Ward-Barrera is a solid fight for a guy moving up in weight.

Here's another question, if Golovkin were no move up, would he face a fighter of similar caliber to Barrera at 168?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Both solid stay busy fights... I can't hate on either one, especially if Kovolev and Canelo are next in line
                Basically this. I'm also getting to the point though that I don't even care who Ward actually fights next, as long as he gets in the ****ing ring and just fights. His whole attitude is getting tiring.

I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt for as long as possible, but after a certain amount of time and with a repeating pattern occurring you eventually start realising there's only one common thread running through his constant delays and cancellations. That's Ward himself.

Injuries and promoter issues aside, when it keeps happening again and again, you've got to start questioning why he thinks he's different to every other fighter that has to get in the ring and actually take a fight.

Amazing fighter, but to be anything in this sport, you've got to get in the ring and bloody well fight!

Anyway, the Ward/Barrera fight is actually very intriguing particularly if it leads to Kov in late 2016. Barrera is a big guy and fought quite a lot at cruiser. He's not that fast or super skilled, but he's very solid and had good technique. It's a better fight than Johnson for me, but neither is terrible.

Comment

Both are of equal value. Although if you put a gun to my head, I'd say Barrera's the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
                    Here's another question, if Golovkin were no move up, would he face a fighter of similar caliber to Barrera at 168?
                    Well you must think pretty poorly of Froch, or you'd already have the answer to this. What we don't know is how many SMW tuneups GGG would need to face Ward there. I'm guessing less than Ward needs for Kovalev, but that's all it is.

Comment

Well Barrera is actually a top prospect, but he hasn't proven much yet. Johnson is a national level american fighter who's about as good as you can expect him to ever be. its funny people rank Beterbiev as high as they do when in all reality, he's about as much proven and as highly touted as Barerra is.

Comment

Working...
                      X