No announcement yet.

Why not Margarito v.s. Zab Judah ???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
    If he was fighting a tomatoe can lesser opponent I could see it being called a duck, but you can't call it a duck when he is taking on a tougher challenge, that is gonna get him more exposure. It is just ridiculouds to say that. What good is fighting Williams gonna do. If he beats him everyone will say he was green and is fighting Williams gonna get him any closer to the types of fights he wants. Floyd came out and said he didn't even know who he was, and that is ultimately where Tony wants to be. Fighting Williams does nothing for him where as if he fights Cotto and wins it does nothing but sky rocket him and puthim in a better position for getting mega fights.
    willams is ways better than cotto and ranked ways above him at 147....**** cotto only fought once at 147! put into consideration that margarito all 4 loses comes from tall southpaws and he was knocked out in training by the punisher

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
      Thats too many cracks at the belt. He lost to Floyd and Baldy maybe after a couple of fights he can fight whoever's on top. Im against fighters getting so many title shots in a row.
      Excellent post. If he wants to come back, he should have to earn his way back and not just be given a title shot right away. I mean how many fighters do you know would get a title shot right after losing his title before the biggest fight of his life. Zab has had more than hi fair share of shots, if he wants to come back he should have to work his way back.

Comment

i gotta pick zab by ko in this one in fact i gotta pick yoel judah by ko as well
        goldenboy is thinking about signing him after he showed his stuff in the mayweather fight

Comment

Originally posted by Goldenboyprm View Post
          I agree with what your saying but you just can't lay claim that your the most ducked fighter in the division then have a fairly big name call you out and even be your mandatory and not take the fight. It's the same as Floyd saying Margarito is too easy of a fight then not taking 8 mil for that easy fight.

I honestly do believe that Margarito is ducking Paul Williams, just as I felt Floyd did not want to get into the ring with Tony.
          I can respect your opinion when you put it that way. I just hate these PBF fans that have this double standard and don't acknowledge the fact that Floyd did the same thing. The only difference is, when Floyd did it he wasn't in Margarito's position where he had an upcoming fight that was against a tougher opponent. I can't call it a duck when he is taking a step up in competition. he would be stupid to fight Williams instead of Cotto for less money and a lesser fight. He will get more credibility if he beats Cotto than if he were to beat Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Atnan View Post
            willams is ways better than cotto and ranked ways above him at 147....**** cotto only fought once at 147! put into consideration that margarito all 4 loses comes from tall southpaws and he was knocked out in training by the punisher
            I'm not even gonna respond to this post. This is a ridiculous post. Williams is nowhere near better than Cotto at this stage in there careers. You can't just say something like that and not back it up. What are you basing this on? Williams beating an old over the hill Mitchell. What has Williams done and who has he fought. Cotto beating Quintana is better than anyone Williams has ever faced. This is a ridiculous post.

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
              I can respect your opinion when you put it that way. I just hate these PBF fans that have this double standard and don't acknowledge the fact that Floyd did the same thing. The only difference is, when Floyd did it he wasn't in Margarito's position where he had an upcoming fight that was against a tougher opponent. I can't call it a duck when he is taking a step up in competition. he would be stupid to fight Williams instead of Cotto for less money and a lesser fight. He will get more credibility if he beats Cotto than if he were to beat Williams.
              Jaimari it is his mandatory. Margarito was never Floyd's mandatory. Floyd was never going to get stripped for not fighting margarito. Now i'm not knocking him for ducking this fight to get Cotto, but you can't call yourself the most feared and ridicule a fighter the whole year last year and then turnaround and do the same thing. That is the problem. You are the one with the double standards, it wasn't ok for Floyd but it all good for Margarito. That is real hypocritical of you.

Comment

Working...
              X