Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black fighters don't always beat Mexicans and Mexicans don't always beat Easter Euros

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black fighters don't always beat Mexicans and Mexicans don't always beat Easter Euros

This is in response to Bread's Mailbag where he claims that Mexicans are struggling against Blacks, Blacks are struggling against Eastern Euros and Eastern Euros have a hard time against Mexicans.

So he says that Barrera lost to Junior Jones hence he struggles against black fighters. Well, how about Barrera knocking out Kennedy Mckinney?
    How about Barrera knocking out Kevin Kelley?

Then he goes onto Morales losing to Zahir Rahim, I mean fair enough but how about Morales knocking out Kevin Kelley and Junior Jones?

He mentions Juan Manuel Marquez losing to Bradley, well how about him beating Gainer, Casamayor and the Freddy Norwood fight should've been a win for him as well.

Then onto Margarito losing to Mosley and Paul Williams. I mean alright but he also beat Joshua Clottey and Andrew Williams.

Let's go onto Rafael Marquez now. He beat Mark Jonson twice, Tim Austin and although Silence Mambuza is from South Africa he is still black and he beat him twice as well.

Winky Wright got beat by Vargas and I know that Vasquez is from Argentina but that still doesn't mean that Winky should be getting off the floor 5 times and getting beat up by a Hispanic fighter, right?

Ricardo Williams losing to the rugged Juan Valenzuela.

Librado Adrade beating Otis Grant and Yusaf Mack.

Jose Luis Castillo - he beat Stevie Johnson, he beat Corrales, the first fight against Floyd could've gone to him.

Chris Arreola was fed with mostly black urban fighters until Vitaly dismantled him.

Most recently we have one of the better prospects in Amir Imam getting annihilated by a Mexican kid and that was picture perfect because Amir is a slick black fighter and Granados is a face first brawler.

Now onto Mexicans beating Eastern European fighters - I can't think of many matches. Well, Bread says that Lomachenko lost to Salido but won against Gary Russel so therefore eastern euros struggle against Mexicans and they beat black fighters. Wrong again!

Lomachenko did get a loss against Salido but Salido didn't make weight, came in as a WW and threw 30 solid low blows for which he didn't get penalized, not even a warning.

In the pro ranks I can't think of many fights b/w Mexicans and Eastern Euros and I can't think of Mexicans beating Euros.

Off the top of my head, Librado Adrade lost to Lucian Butte. Chris Arreolla lost to Vitaly and Thomas Adamek. Chavez Jr losing to Fonfara. Rubio losing to GGG. Ok, so he is wrong again, Bread that is.

Now let's go to Eastern Euros beating black fighters which Bread says is the norm.

Right now we have GGG and Kovalev who haven't really faced many elite great black fighters but Kovalev did face Bhop and Kovalev and he should get the credit and I am not being sarcastic. I remember Pirog knocking out, what's his name, the guy that is supposed to fight Quillin now.

Adonis Stevenson beat Fonfara. Chad Dawson beat Adamek. Bhop beat Beibet Shumenov. Vasilii Jirov beat a lot of black fighters that's until he met James Toney. Wlad getting knocked out by Brewster and he quit against another black fighter that I'm not looking up right now. Vitaly lost to Byrd and Lewis albeit controversial.

At the end of the day I don't know what Bread eats, drinks and smokes but his theory is flawed and I just gave you some examples where Mexicans don't always struggle against blacks (they actually win half of the times). Eastern Euros almost never struggle against Mexicans and blacks don't always struggle against Eastern Euros.
    Last edited by pesticid; 12-03-2015, 09:14 AM.

The only thing is that black fighters have average longer arms, and lower bodyfat, because of their genetics. Someone say that white have more raw power, while blacks muscles are quicker. But it doesn't guarantee anything alone. About mexicans/native americans (wich are more or less all mixed race with europeans) genetics I don't know much..native americans come from ancient east asian population like thai/viet/philippines.
    Last edited by Helm; 12-03-2015, 09:19 AM.

Comment

it was only his opinion, he stated some examples to make a point...that doesn't mean that it always happens.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
        it was only his opinion, he stated some examples to make a point...that doesn't mean that it always happens.
        And his opinion doesn't hold the facts.

Comment

If it makes you feel better...mexicans are black too...

Comment

I read his mailbag, he didn't say those fighters ALWAYS struggle with those styles. He certain styles pose problems for certain fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              I read his mailbag, he didn't say those fighters ALWAYS struggle with those styles. He certain styles pose problems for certain fighters.
              He said styles based on location and he mentioned Barrera, Marquez and Morales fighting the Mexican style and they don't even fight like that. What the heck is Mexican style anyway. You mean to say that Estrada who fought Chocolatico fights a "Mexican Style"

ALWAYS is the key word for you, I am saying that Mexican fighters don't ALWAYS struggle against the urban black fighting style that he says they struggle against.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
                If it makes you feel better...mexicans are black too...
                I'm not a Mexican lol

Comment

You should mail him. Other day he was arguing this with a writer on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post
                    You should mail him. Other day he was arguing this with a writer on twitter.
                    I thought about it but I don't know how, what's his email address?

Comment

Working...
                    X