Interview with Emmanuel Taylor, Broner's next opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Emmanuel Taylor, Broner's next opponent

FightHype

PC: First off, congratulations on the new baby. How is she doing?

ET: She's doing good. Everything is going good with her.

PC: Having your daughter just born before the Karim Mayfield fight had to be tough. What was it like dealing with that heading into that fight?

ET: I had to block it out for the time being because I know I had to do my job in the ring. It wasn't that much of a difficult task. I just had to put it to the side. I got to see my baby being born and then right after that, I went straight to New York and had to concentrate on my fight.

PC: What did you think of your performance against Mayfield?

ET: I started slow, just trying to feel him out the first couple of rounds, but after that, I started picking it up and I thought I performed well. I stuck to the game plan and I saw he was wearing down, so I kept the pressure on him. Overall, I think I did real good in the fight.

PC: He is a strong guy, so was the game plan to wait out his power and then, like you said, once you saw him tiring a bit to apply and keep pressure?

ET: Yeah, for sure. I didn't really feel his power that much. He didn't really catch me clean. The only time he really caught me was on the back of my head with that flash knockdown. I didn't really feel nothing from him that whole fight.

PC: You are jumping right back in there on September 6th against Adrien Broner. You gotta be excited, not only for the opportunity to fight a name like Broner, but to be active like this.

ET: Yeah, I like staying active like this. I'm still in great shape. Right after the fight, I went right back to the gym and got back to work as soon as I got the word that we were fighting Adrien Broner. We gonna pick the training up this week.

PC: I know you trained out in Las Vegas for the Mayfield fight. Are you planning on doing the same thing for this one?

ET: Well, this time my camp gonna be out in Miami, Florida.

PC: Adrien Broner is known for trying to mentally get to his opponents with a lot of talk and antics. How do you not let that get to you during the build up to this fight?

ET: I will be prepared for anything, but I'm a humble guy, so he can't really get to me. I always keep my cool. I won't let none of that get to me at all. It's not a big deal to me; he can talk all he want.

PC: Adrien can fight. Despite what people think about some of his antics, dude can fight. What are your thoughts on him as an opponent and his last few performances?

ET: I didn't catch his last fight, but I did see the Maidana fight and I think that he folds up when that pressure is on him. When Maidana was putting pressure on him, he couldn't handle the power. I noticed he was complaining a lot to the ref about some of the things Maidana was doing and, in my opinion, he got humiliated in that fight.

PC: Now obviously you fight totally different from Marcos Maidana, but did you see things Maidana was able to do that you can also utilize and have success with against Broner?

ET: Absolutely! I also have power and I believe that I am strronger than Broner. It's gonna be a good test for me and I feel like I have the tools to beat him.

PC: You talked about rebounding from the Algieri loss. A win over Mayfield and Broner would make for a great second half of the year for you.

ET: Oh yeah. Hopefully after this fight, we will move on to bigger and better things.

PC: Is it going to be tougher now with the new baby to move training camp, because when you were in Vegas your wife was due any day and now you have a newborn and have to leave again?

ET: When I fought Mayfield, it was my first real camp going away. It was a lot on me. I got a little homesick during that camp, but at the end of the day, I gotta do what's best for me and my family to better our lives.

PC: Any concerns going to his hometown of Cincinnati for this fight or are you not worried about that?

ET: I don't really care where the fight is at. I'm always in shape, so I'm definitely gonna bring my A game and be prepared for this fight and be ready to go the whole 10 or 12 rounds that we are going. It's gonna be real good for me because I'm gonna be real prepared for this fight.

PC: I wish you the best of luck next month and we will definitely be getting some camp updates from you. Is there anything else you want to add?

ET: I just want everybody to tune in to my fight, and also they could follow me on Twitter @SuccessManny and I will follow ya'll back and thank everyone, I appreciate it!

I hope Broner wins so he can fight with Matthysse

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
      I hope Broner wins so he can fight with Matthysse
      I hope so too. Taylor seems like a tough guy but Broner should be able to take a UD, I think he'll drop Taylor a few times. If Karim can drop him Broner can hurt him.

Broner vs Matthysse, not a bad fight.

Comment

Working...
      X