Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighter lose and on here they're"shot exposed"but floyd has to lose to be great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    in the last 6 years he hasnt fought anyone??how can you say that with a straight face??

Ortiz-10 years younger 14 pounds bigger-wbc champion-#2 ww

Shane-#3 p4p-top ww wba champion

Oscar-154 wbc champion

Hatton-top 5 p4p-undefeated former wba champ

Judah-top 3 ww..ibf champion

Balbo-lineal ww champion

jmm-#2 p4p

these are no gimme fights
    You keep saying Hatton was Top 5 P4P. Hatton was not P4P Top 5.

He was #8 when Mayweather fought him.

Comment

you're missing my pont..i said IF he retires undefeated while beating Manny,Martinez and leave as Lineal middleweight champion.then he's better than alot of fighters.thats elite
      Wrong thread, I know, its hard to keep track when your starting 10 threads a day.

in the last 6 years he hasnt fought anyone??how can you say that with a straight face??

Ortiz-10 years younger 14 pounds bigger-wbc champion-#2 ww

Shane-#3 p4p-top ww wba champion

Oscar-154 wbc champion

Hatton-top 5 p4p-undefeated former wba champ

Judah-top 3 ww..ibf champion

Balbo-lineal ww champion

jmm-#2 p4p

these are no gimme fights
      Lets be real about those matchups

Ortiz - hypejob mental midget who didn't belong in the ring with Floyd

Shane - His "man to beat @ WW" was overrated, still a good win though even though he was a shell of his former self

Oscar - lets see, 6+ years past prime, part-time fighter. Good, not great win.

Hatton - Good win

Judah - another mental midget coming off a loss

Baldo - who cares if he was the lineal, dude was a bum and that should have been Margo in the ring. Mayweather strait up took Baldo fight for $1 more than Margo (his words, not mine)

jmm - you really gonna go there considering you've been ****ting on Pac for doing the same thing? Dude was p4p #2 for what he was doing @ 130/135, not WW

Don't get me wrong, Pac has been doing it too for the past couple years but at least he has Cotto and Clottey (two solid matchups) to fall back on.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        You keep saying Hatton was Top 5 P4P. Hatton was not P4P Top 5.

He was #8 when Mayweather fought him.
        You keep thinking that Larry has been following boxing for a long time.

But, he hasn't, he just started a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
          I have to be honest:

After reading certain comments on this site, I realized that most of the animosity directed at Floyd is because he's Black. One poster came out and admitted it.

Boxing, like most other sports, are dominated by Blacks. This had created a resentment toward Black dominance in sports.

This is why people who are otherwise knowledgeable about the sport of boxing would claim that the current crop of Euro fighters are "great" boxers.

Most of them hid out in their own countries, safe from whatever competition until whatever Black fighter got old or retired.

They did the same thing to Roy Jones .. calling him reluctant because he refused to go to Germany to fight a heavily protected boxer named Dariusz Michalczewski. Roy had won every belt except the one Darius hid away with, and even though Roy had faced EVERY OTHER CHAMPION in his division except Darius, the boxing fans laid the blame on him.

Its been this way since Blacks were allowed to compete.

Floyd will not be loved, respected or called great if he loses. As it is they are hailing Pacquiao, who to date has NOT faced a WW ranked higher than FOURTH(4) as the #1 WW based on "cause they say so". In Floyd's last 2 fights he's faced the #1 and #2 WWs.

So facts and figures don't mean much on this site and quite frankly the boxing world.

Its a new day. The 3rd world peasants have created what seems to be a huge fanbase, and the networks, magazine and promoters are going to cater to that because its about money.

Think about it Larry .. if you have the best record against the best fighters and you command the best PPV numbers, how in the hell can you be second in any category? If you have never lost, have consistently beaten the #1, 2 and 3 in any division you compete in, and continue this over 14 years, who can claim to be better?

There is no real argument.

Its just that peasants yell louder than real fans. That's all.
          You're racist.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            RL GMA............

In 2 out of Floyds last 3 fights hes fought the number 1 and 2 WW in his weight class. Its amazing how that is overlooked. Hes also been actively chasing down Pacquiao for a fight.
            Going into another lengthy layoff doesn't seem like someone chasing down a fight, especially after scoring his biggest win ironically at WW (Shane Mosley). But that's another story.

Nevertheless, as I mentioned, Floyd doesn't have a ****ty resume, but as where someone else beating Ortiz for the title would be looked at as "Ahhh well Ortiz was garbage anyway" it becomes a huge accolade for Floyd. I feel as if people pretty up Floyd's recent wins based on their adoration towards him and the aura he gives off. To me, I don't see how Floyd beating either Mosley or Ortiz is any better than Maidana (or Peterson's performance) or Cotto beating both earlier on. But to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post

Lets be real about those matchups

Ortiz - hypejob mental midget who didn't belong in the ring with Floyd

Shane - His "man to beat @ WW" was overrated, still a good win though even though he was a shell of his former self

Oscar - lets see, 6+ years past prime, part-time fighter. Good, not great win.

Hatton - Good win

Judah - another mental midget coming off a loss

Baldo - who cares if he was the lineal, dude was a bum and that should have been Margo in the ring. Mayweather strait up took Baldo fight for $1 more than Margo (his words, not mine)

jmm - you really gonna go there considering you've been ****ting on Pac for doing the same thing? Dude was p4p #2 for what he was doing @ 130/135, not WW

Don't get me wrong, Pac has been doing it too for the past couple years but at least he has Cotto and Clottey (two solid matchups) to fall back on.
              Oh here we go. Always gonna have some smarty pants try to discredit wins over a fighter he doesn't like.

Comment

If floyd lost maybe he'd lose his fear as well and step up his competition. The only problem that i have with floyd is that he has always avoided the fights that the public wanted to see. That shows that he could care less about the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  You keep thinking that Larry has been following boxing for a long time.

But, he hasn't, he just started a few years ago.
                  my man im 30 been boxing since i was 12...when have you ever stepped in a ring?

Comment

Its not all about racism, just 90% of it is. One poster called the klit-bros "negrocutioners". They're giants and in a weak division but somehow they are "negrocutioners" lol. Same country who rooted for Max Schmelling (a nazi era german) over Joe Louis (humble black american who took on ALL challengers, not flashy or loudmouth) will say its not racism. Floyd will NEVER get the credit he deserves even when he beats Pac, they'll find another person he's "afraid" of and say he was supposed to beat Pac. The math is simple: undefeated and dominant against TOP LEVEL fighters for over a decade means he IS the best. Even if they say he wants drug test because he thinks pac will win, SO WHAT!? Manny should just laugh and say haha, Im so good they think im on something, let me take this stupid test and they"ll see that Floyd was scared. I bet you anything, if Ricky Hatton was still undefeated these people would THEN realize the things they ignore about Manny and say he's scared of the great Hatton instead!!

Comment

Larry you stay on floyds ****

Comment

Working...
                      X