Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locche-Pryor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have around 7 or 8 Locche fights and around 15 or so Aaron Pryor fights..... IMO Locche would win a 15UD he is all wrong style-wise for Pryor as Pryor was best when fighting on his toes throwing lots of punches, against Locche Pryor would not have to be on his toes as Locche would be standing right in front of him making him miss and scoring on the counter

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
      I know this is crazy but I saw a combination of all of them. He used the shoulder rolls like Floyd but also fought off the ropes and could really make fighters miss in close range like Benitez and Whitaker.. He would drop his hands a lot and make fighters miss like Pep. Just a phenomenal defensive fighter. He could do it all on defense. Only difference was that he wasn't as offensive minded as those four.
      Nicolino Locche "THE UNTOUCHABLE" WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST DEFENSIVE MASTERS OF ALL TIMES..far better than Floyd, Whitaker or Benitez.. i agree he was not offensive as those fighters but he never needed to be, ringcraft, ring-savvy, ring-smarts along with his defence made it a master-class

Comment

The only question to me is whether Pryor could outwork Locche because skill-wise I believe Locche is levels above. The young pre-title Locche seemed to be far more mobile on his feet and in better condition, although he never truly had stamina problems even in his later days despite his bad training habits.

I'd take Locche at his peak to score a decision win over Pryor, making him miss and countering with clean punches, but Pryor could very well outwork Locche also.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          Nicolino Locche "THE UNTOUCHABLE" WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST DEFENSIVE MASTERS OF ALL TIMES..far better than Floyd, Whitaker or Benitez.. i agree he was not offensive as those fighters but he never needed to be, ringcraft, ring-savvy, ring-smarts along with his defence made it a master-class
          I don't agree with that. Nobody can be "far better" than those three. If you think he was better that's fine but your exaggerating is disrespectful to those fighters talents.

Comment

I think Locche could make Pryor miss and counter effectively quite well but he would simply get out-worked as the fight when on. Still I don't think Pryor would be able to hurt Locche. I'd picture this fight to be a similar to the recent P.Will vs. Sergio Martinez fight.

Comment

I think Locche takes a close win based on good defence and accurate counters.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                I don't agree with that. Nobody can be "far better" than those three. If you think he was better that's fine but your exaggerating is disrespectful to those fighters talents.
                what fights have you seen in full of Locche?

Comment

Working...
                X