Comments Thread For: Mayweather Wants To Work With Richard Schaefer Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
    What success are you talking about?

Canelo vs cotto is the only important fight Oscar has put on since Schaefer left, and oscar wasn't even the lead promoter of that fight.
    Only one important fight? Golden Boy has the 3 favorites for fight of the year! And he's already won sports illustrated promoter of the year for 2015 and is the leading candidate for that award by all the major outlets. And your an idiot if you don't think Golden Boy handled all the major aspects for the canelo/cotto PPV. Roc Nation was just along for the ride.

"De La Hoya who won Promoter of the Year in 2014 made a promise to continue to bring the best possible fights to the fans in 2015. By Oscar signing David Lemieux and resigning Lucas Matthysse in January, De La Hoya was able to keep his promise by bringing fans fights such as Lucas Matthysse vs. Ruslan Provodnikov, Canelo Alvarez vs. James Kirkland Jorge Linares vs. Kevin Mitchell, Francisco Vargas vs. Will Tomlinson, Sadam Ali vs. Francisco Santana, Humberto Soto vs. Antonio Orozco, Rocky Juárez vs. Robinson Castellanos, Hassan N’Dam vs. David Lemieux, Vyacheslav Shabranskyy vs. Paul Parker, Miguel Cotto vs. Canelo Alvarez, Lucas Matthysse vs. Viktor Postol, Takashi Miura vs. Francisco Vargas, and Saturday Luis Ortiz vs. Bryant Jennings."

http://ringsidereport.com/?p=57257

Yeah sure all golden boy did is canelo vs cotto lol

Comment

the maywether schaffer equation doesnt work if mayweather doesnt fight

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Golden Boy won promoter of the year 2 years in a row since that snake Schaefer got booted out. He was overated and the success golden boy has had without him proves it.
        That snake made them #1 promoter in the world, now they just ride ***** to TR and the rest of the HBO exclusive fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Shafer is part of the problem whats next Cold war with Arum and Goldenboy.
          Whats the biggest fight Arum & GBP have made since their cold war ended a year ago or whatever, legit non-agenda question, anyone know?

I hope to see Schaefer back doing something in boxing again & I suspect it'll happen its just a matter of when & what he ends up doing. Its obvious he knows how to get things moving in the right direction. I even speculate he's been advising for PBC since his non-compete clause ended cuz I seen some dumb mistakes by PBC being improved around that time.

I feel like at this point working for Mayweather Promotions would be a step down for him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he takes some public facing job with PBC. Or maybe he starts his own promotional outfit, which could be why he hasn't done anything yet cuz he's still putting together the pieces with that.

Comment

Money May would be wise in get getting Richard Schaefer on his team. The guy is smart, and very savvy. However he needs to make sure that his boxers are signed to exclusive contracts and not get screwed like he did Oscar.

I'm glad Oscar kicked that snake to the curb after Oscar finally woke up and realized that his company was just a front man for Al Haymon and his fighters.

Oscar has a hell of a team behind him now that he can trust and build his company. With the fights he's putting on HBO, to the prospects he has coming up, to the Ring TV Live creation. Golden Boy had in reinvent themselves and modernize. They are making smart moves for there business. 2015 was a huge success for Golden Boy and hopefully they can continue there momentum heading into 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
              With the fights he's putting on HBO, to the prospects he has coming up, to the Ring TV Live creation.
              Whats up with Ring TV Live? Heard it mentioned a few times here, but haven't seen any mention of it anywhere else or details about it.

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
                Can you provide any proof to back that statement up?
                Last edited by joseph5620; 12-25-2015, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Numbers guys like Shaefer are a dime a dozen. Oscar was one of the biggest crossover , no pun intended, stars in the world at the time. Every venue, fighter, network, and advertiser wanted to be associated with him. Shaefer was betting big with house money. I would be interested to see how he would fare trying to use a name like Mayweather, who due to his past legal transgressions and someone who is prone to make controversial and racist statements is not someone businesses are lining up to be associated with. Will be interesting to watch. I think Shaefer see's Floyd as someone he can easily manipulate and take advantage of like he did Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
                    really?!?...elaborate please

btw, the dude in your avi pic is NOT Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Whats up with Ring TV Live? Heard it mentioned a few times here, but haven't seen any mention of it anywhere else or details about it.
                      Ring TV Live is a creation under Golden Boy that they use broadcast fights that they promote in English. For example right now they have Estrella TV (Spanish Broadcast Only) to show their up and coming prospects and you can see it twice a month but only the main portion of the card (preliminary bout, co main event, then the main event). But with Ring TV Live (Is English Based) they broadcast the entire card from beginning to end. So instead of getting 3 fights you can see 7 to 8 fights.

Right now it's something that you can online through Live Stream or on the Ring Magazine site. Also you can get Ring TV Live through other avenues such as Roku or Amazon Fire.

But Golden Boy's end game is to eventually make their own combat channel on cable.

Comment

Working...
                      X