Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Discusses His Motivation To Help People

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Discusses His Motivation To Help People

Pound-for-pound boxer Sergio Martinez is putting a lot of work in the gym, as the big fight with WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is inching closer. The HBO Pay Per View fight takes place on September 15th at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. In a recent Q&A session with HBO, Martinez discussed his charitable contributions.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wish more athletes were like Serg. Dude is a class act. So glad he is finally getting the payday he deserves. Evil prevails when good men do nothing. It's the responsibility of good men to stomp out bullies and sexual predators, and protect women and children. WAR MARTINEZ!

Comment

Wow never drank alcohol?? Good on him

Comment

Originally posted by mex602 View Post
        Wow never drank alcohol?? Good on him
        I hope him and Floyd fight in the future. They're both dedicated professionals that don't even touch the alcohol. Then the Villian vs Good Guy contrast will make for good drama. Sergio isn't ugly like manny either, so Floyd-Sergio can do better numbers imo

Comment

Nice, but Martinez becomes pro-bully for Chavez.

Comment

"I would agree with that statement that you do not have to act with a negative demeanor or a thuggish attitude in order to be a world-class fighter."

Martinez is my boy but he's being hypocritical, his trash talk towards Chavez Jr IS thuggish.

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            I hope him and Floyd fight in the future. They're both dedicated professionals that don't even touch the alcohol. Then the Villian vs Good Guy contrast will make for good drama. Sergio isn't ugly like manny either, so Floyd-Sergio can do better numbers imo
            Good post until the stupid part in red.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              "I would agree with that statement that you do not have to act with a negative demeanor or a thuggish attitude in order to be a world-class fighter."

Martinez is my boy but he's being hypocritical, his trash talk towards Chavez Jr IS thuggish.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

Well to be fair with Martinez he knows that this is a world class fight and in boxing "heating up" a fight with trash talk is very normal.

As a boxer you kinda have to heat up a fight with "thuggish" trash talk even if you're not like that, even the K brothers have done it before and they are also very educated guys.

In the end at least I don't care about this trash talk that much because I know that he's really doing something to help the community, he even came to Mexico to some schools in Mexico City to promote his campaign against bullying.

Professionals like him are what not only boxing, but every sport need.

Comment

Class act. I wonder if this guy has a religion.

Comment

funny..

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    Sergio is one good guys.. class act!! but for this guys to say that floyd's the same type of guy cause they dont drink.. LMAO!! sergio dont "touch" women... ha ha!!

Comment

Working...
                    X