Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people get upset when you question the validity of Cotto's win over Sergio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people get upset when you question the validity of Cotto's win over Sergio?

First of all I like Miguel Cotto. I'm not a fan but I like his quiet attitude. I like how he conducts himself and he hardly talks trash. He just does his job but some people need to be objective on here, mainly his fan boys. Sergio Martinez was not a 100% healthy and it was apparent his previous fight before Cotto. He struggled with a guy a prime Martinez dominates. His knees were gone and Cotto did what he had to do. He finished him and had to move on to better things but please, let's not sit here and act like he beat a prime Sergio because that is absurd. I understand that is not Miguel's fault that Sergio signed the contract but Sergio wanted to cash out. He knew his legs were gone. The fact that Martinez is pondering retirement should give you that indication. It's hard to judge if Miguel is really improved under Freddy Roach since the competition is suspect. Let's see what he does against Canelo if he fights him next.
    Martinez was done. Clearly his legs were gone.
    61.54%
    The win was legit. He beat his ass.
    38.46%

The poll is expired.

they want to feel like cotto is relevant today, lol, cotto hasnt done anything for ages and thats the biggest win hes had in ****in ages, lol, cotto needs that martinez win being sold as propaganda as to cotto being labeled a legit champ, lol, what else can cotto go by at middleweight(not trout or delvin fights at middlewight), lol, thats why people get upset if you call martinez win illigitimate, lol, false advertising
    Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 12-27-2014, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Because Cotto fans are straight up b1tches

Comment

To be fair, Cotto was undefeated until he was destroyed by Floyd Mayweather.

When you consider that Cotto was undefeated until Floyd destroyed him, it levels the playing field in the Cotto vs Martinez fight. Both Serio and Miguel were not at 100%. In fact, I'd say that Cotto was at a greater disadvantage because he suffered that brutal beating from Floyd and still suffered the effects of enduring his first loss. Those thoughts must have still been fresh in his mind vs Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by TMNTForever View Post
          To be fair, Cotto was undefeated until he was destroyed by Floyd Mayweather.

When you consider that Cotto was undefeated until Floyd destroyed him, it levels the playing field in the Cotto vs Martinez fight. Both Serio and Miguel were not at 100%. In fact, I'd say that Cotto was at a greater disadvantage because he suffered that brutal beating from Floyd and still suffered the effects of enduring his first loss. Those thoughts must have still been fresh in his mind vs Floyd
          He wasn't Undefeated. He Clearly lost to Clottey

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
            He wasn't Undefeated. He Clearly lost to Clottey
            He weighed in at 146 on the scales vs Clottey. He was obviously severely weight drained in that fight and still clearly won IMHO.

But people who think Clottey defeated Cotto must realize that it was a weight drained Cotto anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
              Because Cotto fans are straight up b1tches
              cotto fans are ****in exceptional fans, they love that guy, lol, that is the kind of loyalty and support that all fans should have, cotto was a ****in beast, now his prime is off, lol, i think cotto underachieved but he was still a ****in tremendous warrior who once feared nobody, lol, now hes older in boxing years but he is not what he was, lol, cotto is a 1stballot hall of famer, no ****in doubt.............to me at least, lol

Comment

Martinez just collected a fat paycheck in the fight in exchange for his MW crown. Dude didn't even spar for the fight and showed up with his leg barely held up together with some crazy glue and duct tape. Cotto should get very little credit for that win.

Comment

Because truth hurts.

Comment

The real question is why Are Martinez fanboys still so butthurt if you give credit to Cotto for the aswhooping he gave him?

I think I know the answer myself(Martinez beind a loudmouth, trash talking punk who got shown up and beaten into submission on fight night.)

Comment

Working...
                    X