Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Mayweather Fight Khan At Wembley In The Biggest Event Of Both Their Careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Mayweather Fight Khan At Wembley In The Biggest Event Of Both Their Careers?

Floyd always wanted to fight in England so why not go with Khan's idea and do it at Wembley Stadium, in the biggest event of both their careers, it'll be a sellout guaranteed. We're talking at least another 80,000 people, Floyd fans (of which there are tons in the UK - myself included) and Khan fans.

It would complete Floyd's dream of fighting in the UK (in the biggest most spectacular event of his career) and it'd complete Khan's dream of fighting the P4P number 1.

Floyd should seriously consider this opportunity because the timing is perfect now to get that event sold out for November/December time. I bet most of the first batch of tickets would sell out in the first day.
    Yes, Floyd should fight Khan at Wembley in front of 80,000 fans
    52.94%
    No, Floyd shouldn't fight Khan at Wembley in front of 80,000 fans
    47.06%

It wouldn't be the biggest event in Floyd's career; but I do think a Khan fight is better in London nobody really cares for it in the US.

Comment

Not a ****ing chance. You can only get 80K fans to a Brit fight if you practically give the tickets away for next to nothing.

Somehow Froch-Groves with 6x as many fans as Floyd-Maidana still generated less than half the live gate.

If Floyd wanted 80K fans he could fight Khan at Cowboy Stadium and make tickets $5 like Froch and Groves did.

Comment

No.

Mayweather is the champion, the FAR bigger draw and would be the reason for the fight being big. Khan, like most others, will have very little say in anything regarding that fight.

Comment

i still dont think khan did enough coming off those losses to deserve a crack at floyd, but at least he is somewhat close after the collazo fight. considering what a massive event it would be i wouldnt be mad at floyd for making that fight, would prefer a khan-maidana rematch with the winner getting floyd though. that would set up a great fight regardless who comes out on top.

Comment

Yes he should would be a massive massive event.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
              Floyd always wanted to fight in England so why not go with Khan's idea and do it at Wembley Stadium....
              Because Floyd Mayweather had been Barred from entering the United Kingdom!

Last edited by Jimmy The Geek; 06-03-2014, 08:23 AM.

Comment

If Hearn and Khan squash their beef (which is more on Hearns side) then they could do Brook vs Porter on the undercard too. Plus Hearn would be an asset to the overall promotion, given the success of the Froch vs Groves 2.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                  If Hearn and Khan squash their beef (which is more on Hearns side) then they could do Brook vs Porter on the undercard too. Plus Hearn would be an asset to the overall promotion, given the success of the Froch vs Groves 2.
                  Floyd Mayweather had been Barred from entering the United Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Geek View Post
                    Floyd Mayweather had been Barred from entering the United Kingdom!

Since when?

Comment

Working...
                    X