Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
    Barker was dropped twice in the 2nd round against this guy:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...1107&cat=boxer

Paul Williams and Pavlik would both beat him by knock out.
    well he does have a 16 percent ko ratio. dangerous matchmaking.

Comment

What's interesting about the MW division right now is how shallow it is, when it's historically been one of boxing's premier divisions.

Though I wouldn't say that these two Green Teefs are gonna get world titles (or even "world" titles) it's not beyond the realm of possibility right now. And that's a sad thing.

Comment

These guys are not world class, but it wouldn't suprise me if they did make it to the top of 160 as the division is just too poor. I don't think they would though.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          does this guy realize barker hasn't fought anyone? should we tell him or keep letting him drool over "dazzling" darren barker.
          Remember Lloyd Honeyghan and Don Curry ?

Remember John H Stracey and José Nápoles?

Remember Nigel Benn and Doug DeWitt?

Remember Kirkland Laing and Roberto Duran?

The list goes on..

My friend, all these British fighters were given no chance ‘over there’ (I must say it was said far more eloquently then you managed yourself) and all were proven wrong.

Class is fact, and will always come through.

I’m extremely proud that they are British, more so, English. I also fully acknowledge the skills and ability of ANY boxer who deservedly receives credit, regardless of their nationality. My point is, however, is that I believe both Macklin and Barker are more than able to compete at elite level, indeed command it.

Comment

Originally posted by mines a pasty View Post

The list goes on..

My friend, all these British fighters were given no chance ‘over there’ (I must say it was said far more eloquently then you managed yourself) and all were proven wrong.

I’m extremely proud that they are British, more so, English. I also fully acknowledge the skills and ability of ANY boxer who deservedly receives credit, regardless of their nationality. My point is, however, is that I believe both Macklin and Barker are more than able to compete at elite level, indeed command it.
            How could ya forget Turpin and Ray Robinson!

Comment

I always try to be objective on this forum, I don’t engage in the playground arguments that occur almost once a minute on here, but I will say this..

I will stand up and be counted if both Matthew Macklin and Darren Barker haven’t cleaned up the middleweight division within 24months.

Barker, especially, is absolute mustard. I’d pick him over any middleweight right now, he’s that good.

The next couple of years should prove really exciting in British boxing. I can’t wait.

You must be ****in crazy!!

Macklin is on a good run but if you know anything about Boxing you can see he is a just a fringe World class contender who is on the Euro level or slightly above. A bit like how Jamie Moore is/was.

Barker actually has good talent but who has he fought? lets wait until he fights better fighters than Crampton, McDermott, McKay, Butler, Bendall. These guys are just domestic level fighters who he should be beating and looking good against.

Barker has more talent than Macklin though.
              Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 12-02-2009, 12:29 PM.

Comment

The list goes on..

Yeah he beat a weight drained Don Curry and got a thorough schooling off Marlon Starling not so long after (Curry beat Starling 2x)

Comment

Barker would beat Sbik with ease imo and could get up to real world level as he has all the basic qualities. Whether he has the desire to do whats necessary remains to be seen. I hope he does as he has a lot of talent. I would feel a bit more comfortable if he could really hit. Technically he is very good and reminds me of Michael Watson in a lot of ways.

Comment

Oh noooo....."The British are coming!"...

LMAO!!

Like that's something to worry about...

"but Honeyghan!"...."but Turpin!"...lol....every time....so pathetic...so desperate...

The bottom line is THIS...

America has thoroughly OWNED Britain throughout The ENTIRE History of Boxing.

The overall record of high profile matchups between the two is a gargantuan landslide in favor of America.

It's high time you accept your role as a lacking, secondary Boxing region...British Boxing is 2nd, 3rd rate...this is common knowledge to the educated and objective.

btw....how 'bout that Calzaghe "legacy"?...how's it doin'?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      does this guy realize barker hasn't fought anyone? should we tell him or keep letting him drool over "dazzling" darren barker.
                      Originally posted by SKULLSPLITTER View Post
                      Oh noooo....."The British are coming!"...

LMAO!!

Like that's something to worry about...

"but Honeyghan!"...."but Turpin!"...lol....every time....so pathetic...so desperate...

The bottom line is THIS...

America has thoroughly OWNED Britain throughout The ENTIRE History of Boxing.

The overall record of high profile matchups between the two is a gargantuan landslide in favor of America.

It's high time you accept your role as a lacking, secondary Boxing region...British Boxing is 2nd, 3rd rate...this is common knowledge to the educated and objective.

btw....how 'bout that Calzaghe "legacy"?...how's it doin'?

You lack class. Not your country (which i think is magnificent incedentaly) but you, yourself. No class.

Comment

Working...
                      X