Roy Jones: "Hopkins vs Calzaghe could have gone either way"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post
    Fuk that ****.

Calzaghe owned Hopkins. Hopkins trying to fake low blows to get some air was the ultimate ***** move.
    If by owned you mean won a razor close SD that could have gone either way then ok. Mosley OWNED Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post

Another lowblow at 5:25.
      Ugh, quit bitching man, Hopkins fought like a scared little girl.

Outside of that lucky punch all he did was pose like Kate Moss all night long...How can you like that ****???

Comment

If by owned you mean won a razor close SD that could have gone either way then ok. Mosley OWNED Margarito.
        Margarito OWNED your mother.

I thought you were cool street bully but this bhop **** is foul. How can you get behind such a boring fighter?

I thought you were an action man.

Comment

Margarito OWNED your mother.

I thought you were cool street bully but this bhop **** is foul. How can you get behind such a boring fighter?

I thought you were an action man.

Skills pay the bills. I like technical fighters. Margarito did make me proud against Cotto though. Man that beat down was electrifying.

Comment

I am a big Hopkins fan, just thought he was "out of character" in that fight. Usually he owns all the rounds and is in complete control, even the pace of the fight. If he doesn't set and control the pace, he has trouble; he almost always sets the pace though.

Comment

Skills pay the bills. I like technical fighters. Margarito did make me proud against Cotto though. Man that beat down was electrifying.
              Your "son" is in my Romania thread.

The kids got some spunk. Sounds like Mangler Jr. is getting cute w/ another alt though.

Comment

Your "son" is in my Romania thread.

The kids got some spunk. Sounds like Mangler Jr. is getting cute w/ another alt though.
                He has a B list dictator for an avatar.

Comment

He was being polite cos the whitey was gonna line his pockets very soon after that. Does anyone know why the great RJJ is still fighting on? What's going on inside his head, is he just passing his time, trying to mess up his legacy or looking for one final big chance to redeem himself?

Comment

I only watched that fight once since that is all I could bare...but I thought Calzaghe won that fight. Hopkins was winning the fight and then just started to run out of gas and Calzaghe pulled ahead. It's also why I wonder what would have happened if that was a younger Hopkins in there who had better stamina and didn't have to worry about pacing himself. Either way...I guess neither was in their prime but Calzaghe certainly was closer to his.

And the fight not happening years ago is Hopkins fault, not Joe's since Bernard could have moved up years ago but didn't. But like I said before...Joe's in the same boat because he could have moved up to face a Prime Roy Jones Jr. too but didn't.
                    Last edited by Benny Leonard; 10-07-2009, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X