No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather says gg is easy work at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Pacquiao landed clean in two rounds. Other than that, he was hitting nothing but air. And arms.

When Floyd went for a counter straight, it connected beautifully. Happened twice. After that Manny went into coma mode. I think Floyd could have done that all night, but didn't need to.

Manny fight was less than a year ago and he danced circles around Pac.

But Pacquiao isnt known for cutting off space like GGG is.

First Maidana fight, Floyd fought in the trench to disprove this notion that Maidana was anything special after beating Broner. All that fight told me is that Broner is effectively a bum. Add a poor ref in Tony Weeks and you round it out.

- That's nonsense Mayweather fought like that because Maidana put him under immense pressure.

Second Maidana fight, Floyd showed us what he COULD have done in the first fight, dancing circles around Maidana all night long.

Floyd fights how he chooses to fight. Look at how he fought Berto. Throwback to how he fought Burton.

A prime Mayweather makes GGG quit on the stool. Mayweather/Corrales. Stylistically the same match up as Mayweather/Golovkin.

Lol no. Mayweather fought Corrales at Super feather that's when he was in his peak...How many knockouts does he have at Welterweight? I dont think he has even looked like hurting anyone at 154 and your telling me he's going to stop someone who has never been dropped as a professional or as an amateur?

Too small to withstand what power?

You guys are making this dude out to be Deontay Wilder or something. People are on record saying Cotto hits the hardest of everyone they've fought, Floyd took his shots without going down, took his body shots without going down. Maidana caught him flush at the bell with an overhand and Floyd not only didn't go down, but went on to give him a boxing lesson. Floyd's chin can't be denied.

Mosley hits harder than Cotto and he wobbled Mayweather more than once. Mayweather was hangging on for dear life. GGG by all accounts hits a lot harder than Shane.

It's moot anyway, you can't hurt what you can't hit. I challenge someone to tell me GGG is in any way faster than Manny Pacquiao.
    He's not but again Pacquiao doesn't cut off the ring as well as GGG and at 38 their will be question marks over Floyds timing and reflexes especially for 12 rounds
    See above for my response

Comment

• I don't get it... he can't fight at 160, but GGG is easy work... but he can't fight that high up, but he's easy work... but he can't..... but.... what.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        I don't get it... he can't fight at 160, but GGG is easy work... but he can't fight that high up, but he's easy work... but he can't..... but.... what.
        Mayweahter is a freaking coward we all know that . Why do we get surprised when this turd speaks out. You are retired you p***. You only fight when you have real advantages. Sounds familiar to many huh? GGG would pressure this fool out of the ring. He doesn't throw enough punches to get credit in a fight like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
          See above for my response
          Excuses excuses. He had a hard time handling maidana
          In the first fight .

Gtfoh.

Dude couldnt even make baldomir quit on the stool.
          Your a clown

Comment

• Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
            Excuses excuses. He had a hard time handling maidana
            In the first fight .

Gtfoh.

Dude couldnt even make baldomir quit on the stool.
            Your a clown
            Do you have trouble reading? I was responding to the other guy who said those things

Comment

You're nuts. Castillo, Corrales, De La Hoya, and Cotto all fit what you describe. Corrales got destroyed and he was probably the most dangerous for Floyd at the time, or so we thought until TBE made easy work of him.

De La Hoya stylistically was one of the best AND was larger than Floyd when they fought. Still got beat.

It's the same story every time. Canelo, over 40 wins and undefeated, gets schooled by Floyd and people call him "green". No - it's that Floyd MADE him look average. Like he makes everyone look average.

De La Hoya was a shopworn part-timer/promoter by the time of that fight and he still gave Mayweather a very competitive fight.

Cotto was a lesser fighter by the time Mayweather got him. He'd already had his prime beaten out of him by Margarito and Pacquiao. Again, he was fighting on even terms with Mayweather until the last third.

Mayweather got these guys when they were lesser versions of what they used to be and still struggled a fair bit. Golovkin is far more imposing, fresher and a more adept pressure fighter/puncher than either one of them even at their very best.

Comment

• If khan can fight nelo Floyd can fight GGG. He we wont though.
                But Floyd only has to survive 12 rounds, surely Floyd is up for that and can do that! That is better than anyone else has achieved!.

Surely Floyd must think that's doable? To be 49-1 would be an improvement on his resume because at least the loss was a points loss. That's better than anyone so far has done against GGG.
                Last edited by hugh grant; 02-23-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Pacquiao landed clean in two rounds. Other than that, he was hitting nothing but air. And arms.

When Floyd went for a counter straight, it connected beautifully. Happened twice. After that Manny went into coma mode. I think Floyd could have done that all night, but didn't need to.

Manny fight was less than a year ago and he danced circles around Pac.

First Maidana fight, Floyd fought in the trench to disprove this notion that Maidana was anything special after beating Broner. All that fight told me is that Broner is effectively a bum. Add a poor ref in Tony Weeks and you round it out.

Second Maidana fight, Floyd showed us what he COULD have done in the first fight, dancing circles around Maidana all night long.

Floyd fights how he chooses to fight. Look at how he fought Berto. Throwback to how he fought Burton.

A prime Mayweather makes GGG quit on the stool. Mayweather/Corrales. Stylistically the same match up as Mayweather/Golovkin.

Too small to withstand what power?

You guys are making this dude out to be Deontay Wilder or something. People are on record saying Cotto hits the hardest of everyone they've fought, Floyd took his shots without going down, took his body shots without going down. Maidana caught him flush at the bell with an overhand and Floyd not only didn't go down, but went on to give him a boxing lesson. Floyd's chin can't be denied.

It's moot anyway, you can't hurt what you can't hit. I challenge someone to tell me GGG is in any way faster than Manny Pacquiao.

Lol, thats good stuff.

Comment

• Has floyd ever said any potential opponent wouldn't be easy work? He needs to get a new catchphrase if he returns.

Comment

• REAL talk Dunn!!...Floyd says this about everyone

Did the mods bury that thread about Lil G wanting to break Hop's MW title defense record?!?..I don't see it...I guess it got buried smh

Comment

Working...
                      X