No announcement yet.

Looking for Prime Roy Jones Jr training footage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Prime Roy Jones Jr training footage

I've been scouring youtube and can't find much footage of Roy Jones in his prime training... Doing mitts or hitting the bag, really showing off his speed...Just seeing if any of you guys have any info

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
    I've been scouring youtube and can't find much footage of Roy Jones in his prime training... Doing mitts or hitting the bag, really showing off his speed...Just seeing if any of you guys have any info
    There is video of jones training in the beyond the glory documentary and the only other vids arw of him past his prime.

Comment

Here are a few videos off the top of my head that I remember of him training back in the day:

And you will find a lot of what you're looking for in this doc:

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
        There is video of jones training in the beyond the glory documentary and the only other vids arw of him past his prime.
        He refused to allow people to record or watch his training when he was in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
          Hi mate, to my knowledge there aren't any specific training videos of him during his prime. I know that HBO used to show brief training clips of him in their pre fight build ups though. The only problem is, apart from a few of his fights, their full telecasts aren't on YouTube. A lot of the videos just start from his ring entrance. Over the years, there have been a few full telecasts that have been posted, but sadly they're no longer there. But there's always a chance that they'll get re uploaded in the future. So if I come across any of them, I'll make sure that I PM you.

All I've got for you at the moment, are very brief clips of him. One's from the full HBO telecast of the Reggie Johnson fight, and the other one is from a Russian documentary. Again, they are very brief, but I enjoy watching them, and you may do too.

http://youtu.be/TdRgLYU-SU4

http://youtu.be/MlxCS150z5A

Cheers.
          Last edited by robertzimmerman; 10-18-2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X