No announcement yet.

Many harmless and beneficial species of snakes are close to extinction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
    2) because of the myth of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, with the serpent representing evil or to some, Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
      So, snake killing probably doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they are ****ing creepy looking, or that some of them eat humans. I think it's human nature to kill animals we feel threatened by. Is it right, probably not. But, it is what it is. They were probably bigger adversaries when humans were barely starting out, or maybe when we were monkeys, and that fear stayed in our memories to the present.
      Most species of snakes are harmless.

No reason to fear fox snakes, gopher snakes or garter snakes. You have much more reason to fear other humans.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...062beec450749e

Comment

Humans, the most dangerous and deadly species on the planet, kill snakes whenever they see them. Snakes are persecuted for two reasons:

1) a small percentage of species are poisonous to humans

2) because of the myth of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, with the serpent representing evil or to some, Satan.
        LMFAO number 2 has to be such a small percentage that you know your reaching lol.

Comment

Most species of snakes are harmless.

No reason to fear fox snakes, gopher snakes or garter snakes. You have much more reason to fear other humans.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...062beec450749e
          I think the real reason is most people dont know whether a snake is dangerous or not.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
            I think the real reason is most people dont know whether a snake is dangerous or not.
            I grew up in an area where it was well-known there are no dangerous snakes, yet everyone killed them whenever they found them.

Comment

Kill them all.............

Comment

99.9% of species that have ever lived on Earth have gone extinct. What's a few more?

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                I've wanted a pet snake just to watch it eat live mice
                That's not creepy. . .
                Last edited by Adamjr91; 04-20-2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X