The underappreciated boxing brilliance of Erislandy Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    You're my boy, jas.

But your 9-3 scorecard will always be hot basura in my eyes.

Not even Canelos abuelita scored it that wide.
    I scored it 9-3 for Lara not Canelo. But I was biased because I picked Lara to win.

But I still think Lara ran at times

From one side of the ring to the other

That's called running however you wanna slice and dice it.
    Unnecessary movement .

Didn't counter once with the left. Occasional right hook counter.

If Lara is such a good boxer why didn't he counter Canelos left hook to the body and make him pay

It was naive on Lara's part to expect to get a decision vs Canelo so in a way, he deserved to lose
    Last edited by jas; 01-31-2015, 02:13 AM.

Comment

stfu......!!!!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Cut Man View Post
        There's no appreciation for defensive fighters. Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit. Its an art form and the master of the art is Floyd Mayweather.

Lara is like that and he doesn't get his due respect.

Boxing is also about going in the ring and going to war! Most warriors though are called bums, bar room brawlers and punching bags. But then want respect for the guys that run. Show some love to the warriors, get love in return for the technicians.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          I scored it 9-3 for Lara not Canelo. But I was biased because I picked Lara to win.

Unnecessary movement .

If Lara is such a good boxer why didn't he counter Canelos left hook to the body and make him pay

It was naive on Lara's part to expect to get a decision vs Canelo so in a way, he deserved to lose
          Lara ****ed up by talking all that crap about how he was going to break Lara's face and stuff like that to then go rds doing more running than punching.

Comment

How many times have the Lara supporters in this thread rewatched the fight?

I would guess 0

Because it was boring

Because of lara

Comment

How many times have the Lara supporters in this thread rewatched the fight?

I would guess 0

Because it was boring

Because of lara
              Watched it 3 times. Should've been a draw.

I can find 6 rounds to give Lara.

Comment

I actually thought Lara won the fight, however it was very close, like a 7 rounds to 5 rounds kind of fight. Like a previous poster stated, Lara moved too much. He practically ran from Canelo at times and i don't think he let his hands go enough. Floyd did a much better job against Canelo than Lara did in my opinion.

Comment

Comment

Unnecessary movement .

No matter how you slice and dice it a guy with a very limited fan base best entertain against Canelo

Comment

One of the best fighters today. You could make a case for him being undefeated still lol

Comment

Working...
                      X