No announcement yet.

Peter Quillin: "GGG is a risky fighter"..."Not enough money to fight him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RapidFire_Royce View Post
    Its not that they don't get offended but its clearly not enough to change the behavior and thats what matters. We can sit here and call Quillin a ducker for saying this all we want but the only thing that will get him to actually fight GGG would be the right money not a bunch of boxing fans saying he is scared.

Or maybe If quillin loses a fight or two and GGG goes on to become the middleweight champ. I promise you he would be calling GGG out.
    Because he'd have no leverage at that point.
    The only reason he's making money now is because he's an undefeated champ. It's not like he's a household name who can lose and still get big fights

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Because he'd have no leverage at that point.
      The only reason he's making money now is because he's an undefeated champ. It's not like he's a household name who can lose and still get big fights
      Exactly he knows what is making him money right now. His fan friendly style mixed with his undefeated record gives him some leverage to choose who he wants to fight. So he is unwilling to jeopardize his current position in the market for what he sees as a small pay off if he were to win. Whether he is right or wrong in that assumption who knows. But I think people are discrediting the business savvy of some of these guys when you rush to call them cowards or "duckers".

Comment

People have to understand that this guys only income is most likely through boxing so what he says makes sense. Hes not saying he would never fight him but hes saying that the risk/reward is not there as of right now. When both their names are bigger then it will bring more money...ect. The first thing people will label him is a coward but to be honest hes playing it smart. Let them both build up their stock and then let them fight for a bigger reward then just a name.

Comment

Exactly he knows what is making him money right now. His fan friendly style mixed with his undefeated record gives him some leverage to choose who he wants to fight. So he is unwilling to jeopardize his current position in the market for what he sees as a small pay off if he were to win. Whether he is right or wrong in that assumption who knows. But I think people are discrediting the business savvy of some of these guys when you rush to call them cowards or "duckers".
          To his defense though, Golovkin is in the same position.
          An undefeated champion who has power and has a fan friendly style.
          The only difference in the two is Golovkin isn't talking about the money, whether somebody needs to up their name or ish like that.
          He's taking whatever fights he can and is in his third fight in the first half of the year, potentially 5 fights this entire year

Comment

Pathetic, hope he fights a chump and gets sparked out next for being a p*ssy.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              To his defense though, Golovkin is in the same position.
              An undefeated champion who has power and has a fan friendly style.
              The only difference in the two is Golovkin isn't talking about the money, whether somebody needs to up their name or ish like that.
              He's taking whatever fights he can and is in his third fight in the first half of the year, potentially 5 fights this entire year
              His behavior is as expected. He comes from a former nation of the Soviet Union. I would not expect someone who was raised in an environment with such strong communist influence to have the type of capitalistic mindset that exists here in America.

Its funny how much we hate seeing the same ideals in individuals that we love for our corporations to have. We all want our company to do things to maximize profit and increase brand recognition because we all like raises and stability. But when a individual tries to operate under the same mindset (Boxer deferring on a fight, athlete holding out for a better contract) we are disgusted by it. Wonder why that is.

Comment

His behavior is as expected. He comes from a former nation of the Soviet Union. I would not expect someone who was raised in an environment with such strong communist influence to have the type of capitalistic mindset that exists here in America.

Its funny how much we hate seeing the same ideals in individuals that we love for our corporations to have. We all want our company to do things to maximize profit and increase brand recognition because we all like raises and stability. But when a individual tries to operate under the same mindset (Boxer deferring on a fight, athlete holding out for a better contract) we are disgusted by it. Wonder why that is.
                Damn, thats deep brilliance! If don't nobody else on this whole forum feel you, I do homie.

Comment

You using commonsense that's not allowed on these boards

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                    You using commonsense that's not allowed on these boards
                    I just think the ducking talk is getting out of hand. There is far too much money in the top levels of boxing to really think that someone is scared of another fighter.

if fighting 3G gets to the level where fighting him paid out like fighting Floyd or Manny he would be getting called out as much as they do. I highly doubt Quillin is scared of 3G he just wants to make sure that if he is going to get his ass whipped its for an amount he can retire off of lol.

Comment

Honestly GGG is the new Lucian Bute the boogeyman of boxing until he gets exposed; it's easy to call someone a ducker or scared or a coward from a keyboard lol. I highly doubt any boxer is afraid of somebody else they are more business minded today which is smart looking at all the great of the past finicial situations.

Comment

Working...
                      X