No announcement yet.

Wilder vs. Stiverne, Who Do You Got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Wow, Stiverne becomes the first to avoid a Wilder stoppage, but Wilder wins by UD. I hope this means a unification fight with Wlad. Not sure, but doesn't Wlad have the reach advantage here? I think he takes it with his jab to win a decision, as long as his chin doesn't take too hard a shot. Wlad/Wilder, who do you pick? I'd say Wlad.
    Wilder has a lot to work on. If he really wants to beat Vlad he needs to throw a lot more punches. he also needs to set his right up.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Wilder has a lot to work on. If he really wants to beat Vlad he needs to throw a lot more punches. he also needs to set his right up.
      Right now it would be in Wilder's best interest to keep improving and let Wlad age a bit more. He's not ready for Wlad yet.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Right now it would be in Wilder's best interest to keep improving and let Wlad age a bit more. He's not ready for Wlad yet.
        Thats probably true.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          I thought he set his right hand up very nicely with jabs.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
            That actually surprised me when I saw that.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
              The problem is that when he uses that combo exclusively, a guy with experience can learn to avoid it by circling to his left. On the other hand if he sets it up with body punches and other set ups it will not be so easy to avoid.

The other problem is that Wilder has a great jab but only throws it with bad intentions about half the time. Wilder is a strong enough puncher, it seems to me, that if he threw the right off a hook while coming into the opponent, he could hurt his opponent hitting with the punch almost anywhere, including the chest and shoulders. You could see his punch splitting Stiverne's gloves when he had enough foward momentum and torque on the punch.

With that being said he did set up the punch well at times epecially off the jab.

Comment

Wait until Wlad ages? Yeah, but then people will just sat he beat a shot or way past prime Wlad then. It seems he is doing that though, since I read recently he plans on fighting Tyson Fury next. Not sure if true yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Wait until Wlad ages? Yeah, but then people will just sat he beat a shot or way past prime Wlad then. It seems he is doing that though, since I read recently he plans on fighting Tyson Fury next. Not sure if true yet.
                  Age a bit as in one more fight or two because time is not on Wladimir's side. It's in Wilder's best interest because he's not ready for Wlad. He's faced only one real top opponent. He has more work to do first. That's just my opinion.

Fury would be an excellent test against another top opponent. If Wilder wins that impressively it would make a unification match much more interesting than it is now.

Wlad is too much for Wilder right now. But if Wilder wins a fight against Fury he'll probably face Wlad later in the year. Vice versa for Fury.

Comment

Wilder seems like a good guy, just impressed with the way he handled Zelenoff, never knew that happened.

Comment

Wilder really I pressed me with his smarts and ability to fight "tall" and use range..

Stiverne I thought had the perfect gameplan, walk him down behind the high guard and look to trap and counter after wilder throws because his hands are low after punching.. But wilder wouldn't get caught too much trapped on the ropes, and he always seemed just out of range of the counters.. Really impressed with that ring generalship behind the jab..

Def not ready for Wlad.. Would love to see him vs fury...

I venture to say that wilder vs anthony Joshua could possibly be one of the biggest fights in boxing in 2017/18

Comment

Working...
                      X