No announcement yet.

Canelo is a future ATG without doubt, he's 23 years old for crying out loud

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
    Dunno about ATG but this guy is P4P material and deserves more respect. I've been warming up to him for taking on Trout and Lara against the wishes of his handlers but I am now an official fan.
    Exactly how I feel, I didn't like him when he was winning titles off junior welters or fighting guys 2 divisions below him but the run he's had, Trout, Floyd, Angulo and Lara has been intense and the way he has handled it all is superb.

My only worry is his weight, he only stands at 5'7'' or 5'8'', I don't think he'll be overly successful at middleweight and for some reason he has difficulty making light middle, it's a tough situation for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlonr72 View Post
      He's not looking like he's gonna be great sorry, Fernando Vargas was better than canelo and look how he ended up,, honestly Chavez jr has fought better fighters than this guy. Right now canelo is looking like a golden boy protected hype job,, he lost to Lara, and probably had a draw with trout. His resume is nothing great. He comes in at 170 he can't make 154 easily but won't move up,, he is the great Mexican hype
      100% agree with u, don't know why that make a big deal about this above average fighter

Comment

P4P yes, ATG, not sure. He has 50+ fights and just in the last 3-4 he has faced good oposition? GTFOH!

Comment

Canelo is Oscar's king -- which is not that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post

You know someone's e-feelings are hurt when they begin correcting your grammar

Comment

"He yung doe!" only applies to Broner! LOL

Comment

hes a people champ. One of the few fighters that fights for the fans. Hes an icon already in boxing. His material is that of the 80s when it was common for the best to fight the best...

Comment

I was never impressed with Canelo as an atypical Mexican fighter. I am impressed, however, by his willingness to fight whoever (that will change soon). He's on target to have a great career but I see him losing a few fights on both the official and unofficial scorecards. Lara and Mayweather truly set the blueprint for beating him and if you deny that, well then you're letting your bias blind you. A Mayweather in his mid 20's would have beaten him so badly. I like Canelo but he's just a tough Mexican who isn't as skilled as a Marquez or Barerra but isn't an all out slugger/brawler either.
                  It will be interesting to see how the next few fights he has play out. I'm sure he's going to listen to his handlers more so now that he sees how dangerous it can be for him.

Comment

Originally posted by hondamonkey View Post
                    I was never impressed with Canelo as an atypical Mexican fighter. I am impressed, however, by his willingness to fight whoever (that will change soon). He's on target to have a great career but I see him losing a few fights on both the official and unofficial scorecards. Lara and Mayweather truly set the blueprint for beating him and if you deny that, well then you're letting your bias blind you. A Mayweather in his mid 20's would have beaten him so badly. I like Canelo but he's just a tough Mexican who isn't as skilled as a Marquez or Barerra but isn't an all out slugger/brawler either.
                    It will be interesting to see how the next few fights he has play out. I'm sure he's going to listen to his handlers more so now that he sees how dangerous it can be for him.
                    like you have more fighters as skill as floyd and lara capable of doing that, even lara came short, so unless canelo fights floyd for the rest of his career that shouldnt be a problem... or maybe rigo can go up in weight, haha... canelo is still learning, many said his stamina will never improve and it did, well he can also improve skills like cutting the ring better or using more lateral movement... he has time on his side as he matures...
                    he is not ATG yet but he is on the right path...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                      like you have more fighters as skill as floyd and lara capable of doing that, even lara came short, so unless canelo fights floyd for the rest of his career that shouldnt be a problem... or maybe rigo can go up in weight, haha... canelo is still learning, many said his stamina will never improve and it did, well he can also improve skills like cutting the ring better or using more lateral movement... he has time on his side as he matures...
                      he is not ATG yet but he is on the right path...
                      There will always be young hungry trout and Lara like opponents that pop up. That you can guarantee. I also think that because his career has elevated so quickly, he will be either out the game or significantly less significant by the time he is 30yrs old. He has a lot going against him...he's small for middleweight but perfect for JMW. He will not be able to stay at 154 for the rest of his career. He will be another Cotto with an honorable HOF career.

Comment

Working...
                      X