No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs. Austin Trout is on BoxRec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trout ud

i wouldnt give canelo props for finally fighting a fighter in his division...he has to save face

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Mayweather vs Guerrero
      Trout vs Alvarez
      Broner vs Burns (hopeful that it's Gamboa)

All top fights in the respected weight classes. Even though Mayweather is too good for everyone at WW, the JMW division hasn't established anyone who is good enough to fight Floyd either. Hopefully Trout and Alvarez settle this problem. Broner will just destroys anyone 135 and below. It's time for him to move up to 140.

If this card turns out to be true, it will be huge and displays the BEST fighting the best in the respected weight classes and THAT is what boxing is all about.

Comment

Much respect to Canelo if he does in fact sign the fight with Trout. I won't be calling him CONelo anymore if he does beat Trout (which I don't think will happen).

Comment

hate to be the one to **** on everyone's parade but.......

Chris MannixVerified ‏@ChrisMannixSI

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer tells SI that @NoDoubtTrout is "being considered" for Canelo but "at this point, don't think it will happen"

and then trout replies with this....

Austin TroutVerified ‏@NoDoubtTrout

@ChrisMannixSI there you go y'all kill all that excitement (._.)

Comment

Man that would be a great card. Hope this happens so the boxing fans can see if Canelo is legit or not.

Comment

I like Austin but I think he gets hurt in this one... I felt if Cotto had a bit more in the tank, Austin would of been in trouble.. he didn't look incredibly sturdy during the Cotto fight, I think Canelo is a different animal in 2013 than a Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                Mayweather vs Guerrero
                Trout vs Alvarez
                Broner vs Burns (hopeful that it's Gamboa)

All top fights in the respected weight classes. Even though Mayweather is too good for everyone at WW, the JMW division hasn't established anyone who is good enough to fight Floyd either. Hopefully Trout and Alvarez settle this problem. Broner will just destroys anyone 135 and below. It's time for him to move up to 140.

If this card turns out to be true, it will be huge and displays the BEST fighting the best in the respected weight classes and THAT is what boxing is all about.
                Broner is rumored for February now.... Hope I'm wrong, bad ass avi.

Comment

When Boxrec puts it up it usually turns out to be true, yeah?

Respect to Golden Boy and Canelo. I know he gets **** because Lopez was so small, but twice now he's had big selling, high interest matchups spoiled by virtually unknown guys and he's fought em. In boxing, if you beat the man you should take his spot; I firmly believe that. Lopez and Trout earned their shot.

Looking forward to May.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

complete and total props/respect to alvarez if he does in fact get in the ring may 4th against trout. i'd favor trout, but i wouldn't mind seeing either fighter win tbh. the winner of this fight can be claimed as the best at 154 imo. floyd holds a title there, but he's only fought twice at 154 and is likely to return to WW in his next fight. i can't wait until official bouts and pressers come around. hopefully it's a great card.

Comment

Hopefully The Ghost gets the respect he deserves after this fight. People sound as if they think Floyd is getting better with age or something....he isn't Martinez and the decline is more noticeable with each successive fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X