No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Dmitry Pirog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
    I don't think Pirog is the defensive genuis people make out to be, good but not great, Golovkin about round 9.
    Pirog got hit a lot by Ishida. Maybe Pirog didn't respect Ishida's power enough to care when he got hit and didn't bother too much to avoid the punches. But Pirog kept on doing those same defensive moves he always does yet he still got tagged a lot. I now think a lot his movement is just invective flash seeing how it didn't help much against Ishida.

I was originally thinking Pirog would beat Golovking because I saw how easily Golovkin got hit by Ouma, but Ouma is a much better fighter than Ishida. I'm going to have to go for the guy with power, which is Golovkin. Not by KO though. My guess is a win by decision for landing the more effective punches.

To be honest though, I have no idea. Both of them, especially Golovkin, haven't fought much competition to know how they'll do in the top contender level.
    Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    WBO are inconsistent. They permitted Cleverly to duck his mandatory Sukhotsky since last year, but they won't permit Pirog to unify.
    It's not made publicly, but I'm almost positive an agreement with step aside money is almost always involved whenever a belt organization doesn't supposedly enforce a mandatory. I'm guessing that's the case even for Golovkin and Sturm. So it probably isn't about inconsistency as much as backroom deals that aren't revealed. In the case of Pirog, N'jikam probably refused the step aside offer while Sukhotsky didn't. This is all just conjecture of course, but it wouldn't surprise me.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 06-13-2012, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
      i heard the wbo are not sanctioning this fight meaning he will get stripped, also mendoza said if pirog gets stripped , this is no longer a unification meaning they would not sanction it meaning golkovin gets stripped! abit of a joke imo.
      Is there a legitimate reason for the WBO deciding to not sanction this bout? This is bull****

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Is there a legitimate reason for the WBO deciding to not sanction this bout? This is bull****
        The WBO is a disgrace.

Comment

Pirog-Golovkin makes my damn mouth water. Two guys that have alot to prove andther winner will be well on his way to being the heir to king in the MW division. I give he slight edge to Golovkin and his power will always be an x-factor. Can't wait for this one.

Comment

Wait... I thought Pirog dropped and it was only for the WBA belt.
            WBA should be fine with that right?

Comment

Wait... I thought Pirog dropped and it was only for the WBA belt.
              WBA should be fine with that right?

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Pirog-Golovkin makes my damn mouth water. Two guys that have alot to prove andther winner will be well on his way to being the heir to king in the MW division. I give he slight edge to Golovkin and his power will always be an x-factor. Can't wait for this one.
                yeah this will answer questions about how good these two guys really are. and the winner will surely be the top 2 MW depending on what happens with martinez/chavez.

Comment

Sooooo... who do you guys think will be the underdog in this fight?

Comment

I got Pirog in this one. UD.

Comment

Working...
                    X