Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Mosley-Marg had different result had Shane fought w/o holding like PAC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i saw mosley use clinching as a tactic, not as a way of survival, margarito USUALLY works good on the inside, so why let him ? any good boxer finds a way stop or thwart his opponents best weapon, mosley did that and did it in a way that fit his style of fighting and his strategy for the fight.

pacquiao did the same, just in his way, his style, and with his strategy. it was a bigger margarito that mosley fought, a margarito with a lot of momentum going into the fight prior to the glove situation, shane also had a lot of time off too going into that fight. mosley was the underdog and favored to lose, i think his fight strategy and his game plan was perfect and it was perfect because margarito thought that mosley was going to try and box and he took it to margarito and bullied him around and muscled him around, something he wasn't prepared for........

leave it alone fellas, nothing is the same, and nothing is created in a vacuum.....

Comment

If Mosley was armless, he'd still kick his way to victory against Margarito....

Comment

Originally posted by Republica View Post
        Toe to toe when they both want to!

Thoughts...
        Despite all the clinching Shane was doin'. 'Rita had opportunities throughout the bout to go toe to toe, but simply couldn't. He was getting beat to the punch time after time.

Shane is an explosive compact puncher, while 'Rita is a slow wide puncher. Shane I think would've won most of the exchanges anyway.

Now, if there was hardly any clinching involved. Pehaps 'Rita may have had his moments, eventhough Shane is still quite explosive with his fists, he doesn't have the legs that PAC has, so, yeah, it could've had some interesting moments. But, my vote still goes with Shane.

Comment

Mosley clinched but it was completely tactical, at no point was he just hugging on for dear life and waiting for the ref to break them. In fact, alot of the time, he'd tie up one arm and attack with the other, not to mention Mosley was smashing Margaritos face with right fists the entire fight. If Margarito attributes to timely clinches to his loss, then it's his own fault for being stopped by something so simple and for being so one dimensional.

Comment

I think Mosley would have still won a wide decision, but he would have taken more punches and I don't think he would have scored a KO.

Mosley got the KO and made it an easy night by utilizing a brilliant game plan.

Pac pretty much fought like he always does against Margarito. Didn't need a gameplan, just being himself was enough.

Comment

Working...
            X