No announcement yet.

Where does Roy Jones rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    List roy and lennox's top ten opponents.. After 3 names with roy your finished, lennox may not have a prime toney win, but he has a lot more top level wins.. I would rate Bruno, ruddock, etc higher than I would old mccallum, old hill, Vinny paz, Harding.. and lewis fought most guys at their peak besides holy and tyson. Vitali, Golata, ruddock,Bruno, Morrison, mercer, Briggs, grant, tua, Rahman, McCall were all prime when lennox fought them..
    As opposed to Lewis who after 1 name you're finished.

Look at the guys you named for Lewis None are better than Montel Griffin.

Frank Bruno? Golota? Please.

Comment

List roy and lennox's top ten opponents.. After 3 names with roy your finished, lennox may not have a prime toney win, but he has a lot more top level wins.. I would rate Bruno, ruddock, etc higher than I would old mccallum, old hill, Vinny paz, Harding.. and lewis fought most guys at their peak besides holy and tyson. Vitali, Golata, ruddock,Bruno, Morrison, mercer, Briggs, grant, tua, Rahman, McCall were all prime when lennox fought them..
      You have got to be joking.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
        I agree. Kind of.

Its not quite the same as him beating Hopkins 5-10 yrs later. Not at all the same. But its still reasonable to assert that looking back Hop would have beaten any other mw around at the time (not too knowledgeable about who was around back then) so at the time it was like a C class win. Over time it becomes a B+. Jones win over Toney being an A because Toney was p4p ranked at the time.
        I think it was better than that, actually. If you look at how long Hopkins stayed unbeaten right after that..I mean most people don't think he truly lost clearly untill either the Calzaghe or Dawson fight, in my opinion he didn't lose against Taylor or Calz. Roy beats him easily and then the man doesn't get bested with no controversy for like 2 decades.

He was 28 with his only loss being his debut, and he won a MW title the next year. I think it's an ATG win for Roy along with his win over Toney.

You know what? Hopkins tends to do that for quite a few people. They get a win over him and as Hopkins keeps getting wins at a more and more advanced age/breaking records, winning titles etc. their wins over Hopkins just enhances as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Listing guys with Mcall and Rahman. They're journeyman.

May aswell list Malinga and Sosa for Jones.

Comment

Dude just stop. You're a cool dude but this post was just terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
              Dude just stop. You're a cool dude but this post was just terrible.

List them.. Go ahead and list.. Prove me wrong.. After toney and hopkins it goes to hell real quick with roy..

So list them, too 10 wins for each guy

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Montel was a decent fighter, but he ain't nothing special...

Golata was a beast when lennox fought him...

In the heavy 1995 tournament thread, you are going with bowe, someone that Golata beat up twice...
                So how is Golata a bum when he twice beat down riddick bowe, who you considered at the time to be the best and the guy that would win a tournament.. Makes no sense

Comment

Outside of hopkins and toney... No one one his resume is as good as the mercer that lennox fought, and not to mention vitali..

Comment

Montel was a decent fighter, but he ain't nothing special...

Golata was a beast when lennox fought him...

In the heavy 1995 tournament thread, you are going with bowe, someone that Golata beat up twice...
                    So how is Golata a bum when he twice beat down riddick bowe, who you considered at the time to be the best and the guy that would win a tournament.. Makes no sense
                    No one you named for Lewis is better than decent.

What's this crap about "take out his best two wins and what else is there?"

Why take out his best two wins? Why?

Take out Lewis best two wins he's barely even HOF calibur.

Golota lost to Bowe twice and that was after 1995.

How is Golota better than Griffin? How is he better than Tarver?

Comment

Outside of hopkins and toney... No one one his resume is as good as the mercer that lennox fought, and not to mention vitali..
                      Outside of no one, Jones wins over Hopkins and Toney are better than anything Lewis ever fought.

Is there a reason they're being on the "outside of" list?

Comment

Working...
                      X