Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry but Canelo Alvarez will never reach top 5 pfp unless...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry but Canelo Alvarez will never reach top 5 pfp unless...

he works on his stamina and learns how to cut off the ring. The Floyd performance was pathetic and he really showed his flaws. If I was advising him, I would tell him he needs a new trainer and conditionings coach because he's still fighting pretty much the same. I saw a little amounts of improvements in the Lara fight but essentially he is the same fighter. I wouldn't go near GGG until he improves on those two areas particularly stamina. If he does show improvements in those areas, I give a decent shot of beating GGG. Thoughts boxing heads?

He cut off the ring better against Lara, was willing to take one to land one.

Still not a great pressure fighter but did show improvements. Needs to keep fighting movers, maybe they get Andrade before the year is out.

Probably took on the Floyd fight too soon in his career, but if he didn't he may never have got it. Not sure if that would have been better for him or not.

Comment

Cutting off the ring will forever remain a problem because he isn't gifted with foot speed, what he needs to add is a stepping in jab similar to Cotto's, that would help him considerably. As for his stamina it's slowly been looking better.

In truth, with some of the deficiencies he has...Canelo has been doing surprisingly well if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Cutting off the ring will forever remain a problem because he isn't gifted with foot speed, what he needs to add is a stepping in jab similar to Cotto's, that would help him considerably. As for his stamina it's slowly been looking better.

In truth, with some of the deficiencies he has...Canelo has been doing surprisingly well if anything.
        lol, exactly. hes far from a complete fighter. in fact i'd say hes a bit of a fighter without an identity. hes being trained all wrong imo.

Comment

i notice canelo's career is very similar to donaire's. like donaire, canelo is extremely hyped up and is a fraud who has been beating on much smaller fighters and old shot fighters. also canelo got schooled by mayweather like donaire got schooled by rigo. now ggg or maybe even kirkland will completely KO canelo like walters jamaica man KO'ed that fraud donaire.

both guys only look good when they beat on smaller inferior fighters but look like complete dirt when they step up in class.

Comment

He has red hair doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post

He really needs to watch ggg tapes. GGG has slow feet but great at cutting off the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
                He really needs to watch ggg tapes. GGG has slow feet but great at cutting off the ring.
                Golovkin doesn't have slow feet at all, Golovkin doesn't struggle to close the gap and he blinds you with the jab whilst doing so. See, it's like I'm saying...Canelo needs to step in with the jab.

Comment

You realize pound for pound is not real right?

Comment

how does the ring have him p4p #10? do you get moved up like 100 spots if your promoter owns the mag?

Comment

Working...
                    X